• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Harvey Video: So God Made A Farmer.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Harvey Video: So God Made A Farmer.

A friend sent me this video and I thought it was good enough to share.
    Take care,
    Joe Dales

>

thanks Joe.

I miss listening to Paul Harvey and the rest story.

Comment

Unfortunately , now it's all about the money.

Comment

I disagree agstar, if it was only about the money, you would be fool to farm...

people with the ingenuity, work ethic and the passion and compassion of a farmer would be of high value and return in any industry or profession...but many farm because the love the work and the challenge....

anyway, that is how i rationalize what we do on our family owned farm to my excity girl wife!!!!lol

Comment

That was nice Joe..thanks. I too miss listening to Paul and his common sense wisdom. As to the farmer that he refers to--I fear we are a dying breed. I see where there is a huge corporation in Sask. owning millions of hectares and now renting them back to farmers who will be obliged to pay for taxes, insurance, input costs and on top of that--the rent--looks like all the profit will go to off-shore investors. The times have changed.

Comment

Well said Northfarmer!

Comment

Well said Northfarmer!

Comment

Well said Northfarmer!

May the warm spring sun shine on your many deeds,

May the planting rains water your many seeds,

May Hope, Faith, and Love take us to a beautiful harvest,

And the fruits of our feilds be appreciated by those who would rather harm us!

Cheers Northfarmer... Have a super 2011!!!

Comment

That was very nice, but those days are gone..period. Its about the money now. Look at all the lovely seed technology fees, massive amounts of fertilizer and multiple applications of herbicide, fungicide and insecticide to protect the investment. It is truly just a big math risk/reward equation. Hired men on machines do the work, the manager delegates and does the math. Agribusiness. It is what it is.

Comment

Hobbyfmr,

" It is what me MAKE it...!"

Money is only a tool to trade with... not a land or a people...

You have missed the point of being on this planet...

Comment

Hobbyfarmer-

If it was about the money - everyone would want to farm. No one is breaking our door down for the MONEY!

It's about smelling the freshly plowed dirt, watching the seed come up and knowing those straight rows were not created by GPS - but by driving straight!; knowing that there wasn't a manager telling you what to do - you made those decision - right or wrong; it's about doing your own work because you don't HAVE someone else to do it for you; it's about knowing that even tho' this year was a disaster - there's next year and if this year wasn't a disaster - then it's about doing better next year; it's about being side by side with your spouse watching the grain you've spent hours babying go into the truck - and hauling it to town in your own truck; it's about generations of sons and grandsons work the same soil....

If you are a hobby farmer - it probably is all about the money to you. I invite you to come down to the farm and find out it's about more than the money! It's about life -

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...