• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost of Production Software

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Production Software

I recently attended a seminar by Harlan Hughes in which he discussed measuring profit according to cost/lb of animal produced. I am looking for software that does this. Any suggestions.

The only piece of software that I know of that does a cost of production calculation is a software package called CowProfit$. It is available from Alberta Agriculture for $150 plus GST. Here is the link http://www.agric.gov.ab.ca/ruraldev/homestdy/cowprofit$.html to some information on what it does. If you would like some more information on CowProfits contact either Ted.darling@gov.ab.ca or myself at jeff.millang@gov.ab.ca

There are a few accounting packages that attempt a cost of production but they only deal with cash income and expenses. Rarely do they deal with heifer replacements, changes in feed inventory or internal non-cash transfers (such as your own pasture costs).

There is also a survey program offered through Alberta Agriculture and Saskatchewan Agriculture. In Alberta it's called the AgriProfits survey program where you and a surveyor input your numbers in to a paper form, then Edmonton crunches the numbers and spits back a report. The time delay is about 4 months start to finish. If you would like more information on the AgriProfits survey contact Jake Kotowich in Edmonton at 780-422-3086 or via email jake.kotowich@gov.ab.ca

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...