• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLTS NEW Site Usage and Privacy Policy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLTS NEW Site Usage and Privacy Policy

Has anybody tried to register any new tags this year? I just went to register my 2010 calves (yah I know I'm slow), and found this new "Site Usage and Privacy Policy" which is quite complex and mind-boggling.

I have to register my calves, but I am being asked to "Accept" this "privacy policy" before I can use/access my account. I not to happy with section 4 which is below (User conduct).

[quote "4. User Conduct

You agree that in connection with your use of the CLTS, the services and the content you will not:

a. interfere with or disrupt the CLTS, its architecture, the CCIA services, the content or the network connected to the CLTS;

b. disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the CLTS, the services or the content; or

c. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law."

What the hell are these guys up to, that we are being asked to swear allegance to our "masters" the politicians who are selling out our property rights and futures to "globalism" and some form of future "international government"?

This seems very FISHY to me. Guess I won't be registering my calves for now.

It never ends.

Comment

Good for you to read the fine print Kathy. It is quite a stretch to put those statements in a "privacy" policy.

Comment

Especially so for "routine" entries which won't disturb any aspect of their "so-called" service. Idiots.

Go ahead Kathy complete your tasks...nobody is going to bite you or put you on a Canada-wide alert.

Comment

I also wouldn't agree to that Kathy

'A' 'B'
          What this does is set you up to be sued. If they figure you hacked their system of if someone they deal with figures u hacked their system you could be on the hook for system repairs and system/network downtime. Same thing if your computer gives their system a virus....u pay for any damages they figure u did.

'C' means if you are charged with anything....like for example a computer/network hacking crime but basically anything they can shut you out of their system.

This is not good and needs a legal challange. It is illegal to force someone to sign something....odviously...and by forcing us to register our calves(unless we have another way to do that other than the web site) I think I will give them a call tomorrow and tell them I won't be exposing myself to liabilty for their network.

Comment

wilagro just a question, have you ever been held liable or sued for anything? Or charged with anything? I know I have, I really watch what information I give out and my wife doesn't give farm info out she directs all inquirys to me. You never know.

For example I was away and Sustainable Resources Development showed up at our yard and gave my wife a permit to burn brush piles. They never even drove out to the field to look at them. In the permit it says we keep control of the burning at all times. How do you keep control of a huge burning brush piles. They in peat soil can burn for weeks. Also they say no burning if the find gets over 15km/hr So how do you put out burning brush piles if the wind picks up....impossible. Anyway it burned about 1 acre of government land but they also wanted it out on our land about 20 acres. Anyway they sent my wife a $59,900.00 bill

Another time a friend of mine and some of his other his friends were drinking beer's at his mom and dads farm...they never supplied the beer. One guy leaves and rolls his truck and he and his girl friend get hurt. The drivers lawyer sues the guys girlfriend, her parents, my buddy, and his mom and dad the farm owners. They fought for 3 or 4 years in the courts the girlfriends parents had to sell their business to pay they lawyers finally the farms insurance company payed the guy something to stop the continuing legal fees.

Comment

I left a message with the CCIA yesterday asking how to register the "age verification" requirements with them - without accepting their draconian user and privacy policy....I'm still waiting for their call.

This is BS and everyone knows it. They cannot force us to sign an agreement in order to fulfill our legal duty.

Comment

Most web sites have a provision of use to protect themselves. If you are not trying to hack the system then don't worry about it. Enter your data and get out...don't let them intimidate you...all they are looking for is a legit user on their site.

Since I don't have any calves at present then I shouldn't even be on the site poking around. Can't blame them for wanting some security of their system.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...