• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What feed raiton and how long etc. makes the best taste of beef?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What feed raiton and how long etc. makes the best taste of beef?

The neighbor I get beef from finishes his animals with a pea and oat ration, never had as good taste and tenderness, was wondering does it make that much difference what you feed the animals?

Ration is one part of taste of beef. Age of animal.. genetics .. how many days on feed.. and how long it was hung in the butcher shop are also a very important part of how your beef tastes. .

Comment

yeah those are all important variables, just wondering what is the optimum age, age for hanging, feed etc. if you could control all the variables, to make the best tasting tender meat a finished steer.

Comment

Luing cattle - 18 months on grass, hung 16-20 days, hard to beat;o)

Comment

Limo Angus cross 16 months 200 days on grain 21 days hanging and Oh yea a good cook too.

Comment

Welsh Black, bran flakes and chocolate milk,amputate leg, roast over fire. Leg will grow back.

Comment

I've never heard of luing cattle, are they those more marbled type along the wagyu lines.

Yeah, newguy I guess your right if the cook is no good doesn't matter what you have to work with. Let's assume we are all chefs but then again I know chefs that could make something pretty decent out of pretty plain stuff. I am definately not a chef so must be good stuff I am working with.

The family I get from has black angus, wonder how much the peas in the oats ration makes a difference? they claim it does, I like it I guess that is all that matters.

Comment

RKAISER what are you sprinkling on those bran flakes? It might be white but it sure ain't sugar! ;-}

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.