• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End to ear tagging problems?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End to ear tagging problems?

I see the CO-OP fliers are carrying an ad for Z tags priced at $2.85 each with free pliers on orders over 100. Among the claims made is "Guaranteed to last the life of the animal while protesting the technology inside" They are being distributed in Canada through Remedy Animal Health Products in Vernon, BC but I take it they are US tags.

RFID Tags? or floppy?
    We use Z tag floppy tags and they are
    the best we have found so far. Even on
    old cows that lose tags, they stay in
    well, and the applicator is fantastic.
    If they are RFID, they would have to be
    approved by CCIA and carry a Canadian
    number inside (124000 prefix).
    I was ticked when the AB gov announced
    it's $3 rebate the cost of a box of 100
    tags at UFA went from $285 to $300...

Comment

I see allflex has a tagger with the flip pin now. Hopefully that will end the ripped ears in the chute.

Comment

One of our local Co-ops caries Zee tag feedlot tags for about 50 cents ea. Great for tagging newborns and cheap enough to use one in each ear for breeding stock.

Comment

We use feedlot tags in our feeders all the time. Helps us to keep track of who they used to be before they lost their RFID tag. LOL

Comment

No these are CCIA approved RFID tags Sean. There is a picture of them with the pliers which show the moving pin like greybeard describes.

Comment

Hello contacts on agriville---back from two intense days attending the Western Canadian Association of Bovine Practicioners meeting in Saskatoon. Summary---Complete confusion on RFID eartags---

About this thread--Here is the list I have of approved RFID tags--Please update if there are others. tried to look on CCIA site--couldn't find.

ALLFLEX HDX ALLFLEX FDX DESTRON

Y-TEX ZEE TAGS KETCHUM

What is the status of REY FLEX?

Any others?

We have a huge problem in this industry because there appears to be problems showing up now on those that were still around in 2005. All carry a mechanical (technical problem). What does in tell you when a company (brand) tells us--- this is generation 1, now generation 2 and will have a generation 3 available by spring?

There appears to be 1 or 2 brands that practicioners feel are superior to others?

Again 100 Bovine Veterinarians with they had the knowledge of the last 6 years and were launching RFID tag program this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.