• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Alberta Premise ID look like? How was that accomplished to get Alberta Ranchers Prem

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the Alberta Premise ID look like? How was that accomplished to get Alberta Ranchers Prem

Kathy---You mentioned this on your post today---thought I would start a thread on this topic.

Kato---What is the status in Manitoba with Premise ID.

In Manitoba they're encouraging everyone to enroll. Most are waiting until they have to. Staying under the radar and all that.

If you want to get in on any government programs like Growing Forward, and such, you need to sign up. So far, we're not signed up for the provincial premise ID.

Comment

SADIE, It looks like a few numbers and letters on a piece of paper. Just another variation on being identified by your name and address, or your GST #, or your farm fuel #, your Agri-stability #, Your CCIA pin # or your CRA identity. Can't see what the big fuss is about - the Government already knows where we all live and quite a bit more about us than that.
      I hear they are introducing those roadsigns outside every home in my area soon - the ones that guide the emergency services to the right place in case of a fire, accident etc. Will folks oppose them too?

Comment

Between Google Earth, Facebook and the 200,000 more people a day in this world there are less places to hideout everyday.

My new winter passtime go on google earth and zoom in on some country in the world very interesting. Try Haiti and you will see dominos for housing and see why the earthquake was so bad. Went to Russia and saw pic's of a massive Ikea store. Went to the Dominican Republic and found the resort my sister was at and the shacks of the workers around it. Saved google photo's of the Government bush land comming up or sale, opened it in Windows paintbrush and painted on the lines where the quarter sections begin and end to decide what it the best stuff to bid on. The new reserve bids are 36 500 min for grass swamp land I bet lots of this land will not sell First 14,000 acres sell end of this month

Comment

At the bottom of the application for premise id in Manitoba there is the following.

"I consent to Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives disclosing the personal information and animal premises information on this form for the purposes set out in clauses a - g of the Privacy Notice below to the following persons or entities -

(a) a department branch office or agency of the government of Manitoba

(b) the government of Canada or a municipal provincial or foreign government, or an agency of such a government, or a person or body who's duties and interests include
          (i) protecting the public health
          (ii)monitoring or reporting on the safety of agricultural inputs, food, livestock or livestock products, or
          (iii) monitoring or reporting on the biological, chemical and physical integrity of agricultural inputs, food, livestock, or livestock products.

(c) a producer board "

On the application you list your premises, the type of animals you have, and most importantly, how many. This is not just a simple, "Let us know where you are so we can find you" thing.

This is a convenient and easy way to enforce the hog moratorium, make sure no one has more than 99 laying hens, find the operations who qualify for all the red tape that's attached to being a certain size in this province regarding manure management etc.

It says the main reason for this is to track a disease, but isn't that what the premise ID with the CCIA is supposed to do? This is a total duplication of that, which makes me think there's more afoot than what we've been told.

The potential list of those who can come up with a case for accessing this information, and how slim a reason they need to do it is large.

It's not just a simple ID number. It's much more than that, IMHO. We live in a very agriculture unfriendly province, under a quite frankly very anti-agricultural city driven government right now. This thing worries me.

Comment

Thankyou Kato---That is what has my concerns as well.

My premise ID and it will remain the land location of the home quarter. I wondered what kind of program the Sask Government will use to obtain the proposed Premise Id. It could be a program I will not opt into very quickly.

The phone rings many times of the year for another survey, census or whatever and our responses are getting very short and abrupt.

I am grateful that I lived and worked with the Ranchers of east central alberta (north of Happytrails) because there is an old saying

"there is more than one government personnel lost or buried in the Neutral hills" north of Consort.

Remember the 80s and 90 when the "Cow-counting" was going on. Some of those "beaurocrats" tried to gain access to those ranches---they soon stopped or didn't come back.

Comment

Oh spare the melodrama, we're not on the 1860 frontier now. A murder charge would be rather harder to dodge than a non-tagging one.

Comment

grassfarmer, your dead wrong on this issue.

Premise ID is, now, at least in Alberta, a "statutory consent" granting ranchers permission to raise animals. Under the AB Land Stewardship Act, this new "statutory consent" can be altered, amended or EXTINGUISHED (and without compensation or rights to the Courts).

I note how all the government websites try to say that you only need to register your home quarter - horse pucky!! They want every quarter of land listed, and each quarter will potentially have multiple Premise ID numbers attached to it.

Unless you only have cattle on your property that were home raised, and you've NEVER brought onto your land animals from other locations - it will be a hard case to find any land with just one Premise ID attached to it.

As animals come and go from the different ranches, like at a feedlot, the premise ID numbers will continue to stack up on the feedlots premise ID file. Then when there is an animal from XXXX found to be sick, or might be sick, the CCIA and the CFIA will "lock down" any and all land locations with any association with XXXX (where the animal was discovered). Alot of land will quickly be under a control order, or a surveillance order or God forbid a quarantine order.

Lies and more lies, on top of more and more 'contracts' and 'statutory consents' being dumped on the rancher and landowners who are to pre-occupied or lazy to read the fine print. Trusting the government to not screw you or the industry is not very smart.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...