• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you go on vacation?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you go on vacation?

My wife and I want to go south this winter...done Mexicao, Vegas and Scottsdale.

We are thinking about somewhere new...not too expensive and safe.

Where has everyone gone...

P.S. we may take our teenagers...not sure though.

HAWAII...Ohau,no more dangerous than any large city for teens.Maui,Kauai(sp)breathtaking and quieter.Big island(Hawaii)more expansive ,still interesting.Lanai,Molaki(sp)deafening quiet.
    With discetion all are reasonably priced and safe for families.

Comment

Neat idea, thanks.
      Where have you stayed - hotel?
      Did you do much site seeing?
      Are there any farms or agriculture sites to see...I like to see what other farmers have to deal with.
      Thanks,

Comment

We love florida (Disney World)! Young and old it's all good. But don't go there expecting a relaxing time, its busy, busy, busy! Never went to a farm there, but can see cows grazing, very differnt animals.

Comment

Take them teens to Waikiki beach!!Both sexes will have their eyes a poppin`.Hanauma(sp) bay is a beginners paradise for snorkling.Kids can still have beginners nite life,legal age is 21(and they check!).Sheraton`s got some deals on now.THE BUS circles the island for cheap to scout Sea World and Polynesian Cultural center.

Comment

If you go to Hawaii - dont stay in Wakiki in a hotel (unless you love staying in a busy city with a beach on the front of it). Stay west of Honolulu in Ko-Olina. Its newer, the beaches are quieter and you can rent a house for the same dollars you would a hotel in the big city. KoOlina is where Disney is building a new resort and their are several Marriot properties there too. We stayed in a gorgeous 2 bedroom home for $1300 a week. 4 lagoons with excellent snorkelling just outside the door and dolphins right out the window. Just run to Costco and you dont have to eat out 3 times a day which in Hawaii is expensive as hell. You will have to rent a car though but it is not hard to get around once you figure out where everything is and the main roads.

Not much farming to see though. Just the Dole plantation and a few shrimp farms on the north shore. Other islands are where the agriculture are.

Came back 2 weeks ago - wish I was still there. All this white "sand" out the window is just not the same.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
              SJC, I like the idea of renting a house and living like the locals...
              Yes the white stuff around here does not compare to the beaches.
              Thanks again for the ideas...doing some research online Hawaii looks promising.

Comment

If you want a link to see where we stayed let me know. I know a lady who lives in the complex and she rents out a few on the side if you are interested.

Comment

Hi Buzz: My wife and I accompanied my daughter and son-in-law to Nicaragua where they purchase a two bedroom townhouse on a beautiful 9 hole golf course and a five minute walk to the Pacific ocean. Google Iguana Beach and Golf course. I have a contact there that property manages rentals. Price ranges from $100 to $180 per day accommodations can handle up to 8 people not bad when you are spliting costs. Found the country very friendly and the Tona beer is great at a loonie per bottle. The surf is considered the best on the Pacific coast.

Comment

If you want a link to see where we stayed let me know. I know a lady who lives in the complex and she rents out a few on the side if you are interested.

Comment

Sorry about that double post... Screwed up. Wow Nicaragua - not a place I have ever heard of to visit. It looks beautiful though. Maybe ill show the wife for next year...

Comment

Great ideas.
                        Anyone like a cruise trip?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...