• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intergenerational Transfers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intergenerational Transfers

We have an aging population in Alberta (and Canada) as well as aging infrastructure. Labor shortages are becoming chronic and we are having an increased dependency on migration because the birth rate is going down.

Growth is inevitable, if for no other reason than if we are to continue with the practice of intergenerational transfers i.e. CPP, then we need more people in the workforce in order to make contributions so that we can someday hopefully get paid.

Where are we going to put all of these people and how is this going to impact our land use decisions?

We'll need more condos instead of single dwelling houses. We'll need more nurses. We should have an adopt-a-grandparent program.

And we'll need legislation legalizing euthanasia (I'm thinking more of the cost of keeping people alive through technology than I am about the structures that house them in their end days).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...