• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys chose a laptop?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys chose a laptop?

I'm looking for a laptop for my son which will be used for just general surfing and the such. No hard gaming or complicated programs just a simple cheap 1st laptop. I am looking at a HP G62-347 or HPG56-122US or a Toshiba L655-S5093 or a Dell They all have the same processors, memory and ram. One has a card reader, one doesn't but has web cam. Which computer is the best deal, the price differences only range around $100 and is most reliable. I don't want an expensive computer because he doesn't have a good track record on computers.

Pick the one with the closest service outlet or that offers some support. Card readers can be easily and cheaply added and unless he needs one it is not a big factor. Our Dell here has lasted pretty good to plenty of use and abuse. A couple of Acers have been a little disappointing. LG has been good as has a couple of generic units.

Comment

Toshibas are very tough. I set mine on
      top of a shelf after the Christmas party
      to keep it away from the kids in the
      morning and it slid behind. A 7 foot
      drop straight down onto its edge. The
      battery blew off, a couple small pieces
      of plastic from the top and bottom of
      the hinged end were gone and it worked
      fine for another year. I passed it down
      the the kid because the battery was weak
      and I despise Vista.
      I bought a Dell because of the price and
      the case is pretty flimsy by comparision

Comment

I better clarify, it worked fine for
        another year and it still works fine after
        6 months with the kids but the battery is
        weak.
        I was pretty nervous when I started it in
        the morning and backed up everything daily
        for the next month. Just cosmetic damage
        though.

Comment

My research showed that ASUS and Toshiba are the toughest around. I now have one of each. Had DELL before, was ok, but had its issues.

Comment

i have a dell...if they last 2 years with the kids using them all the time it is a pretty good investment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.