• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazed!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazed!

It always amazes me how Agri-ville has this neat little trick of phasing out certain postings? Usually something that doesn't follow the party line? I understand their policy about profanity and not defaming anyone but who decides this? If I question the morals of some govt. hack have I committed some crime? Hey, sue me?

I do not know much of the posting you have made, but have read with curiosity over the past months several views and opinions from contributors . Some I find useful and educational, others not. As a relatively new comer to agri-business, I seek out that information I feel comes from credible sources . For what it is worth Cowman, I keep looking forward to your comments.

Comment

Go gettem cowman Always enjoy your comments my friend!!!!!

Comment

Cowman,

Thank you for expressing your concern. Please provide detail as we are not aware of what you are referencing? Is there a specific example?

You can e-mail me at jlamb@ canadianrural.com or feel free to post this into the Agri-ville.com forum.

Respectfully,
        Jory Lamb
        President
        CRCS Inc.

Comment

Cowman I also was frustrated to see several of my entries disappear, I later noted they were the ones I submitted on computers that did not allow for cookies and Agriville warned me this would happen

Comment

Dear Cowman,

Topics are removed from view if they have not been updated (new posting added) during a pre-set amount of time. Each forum is set independently most are 185 days or 6 months). This is done to increase the speed for the forums (amount of time it takes to load the page via dial up access)

We are planning an upgrade to the forum system that will allow read-only archived or closed topics. We hope to have this new system active before April 2002. Until that time one way to keep a thread active, is to add a post/message to that thread.

Sincerely,

Agri.ville.com Public Works

Comment

I was actually talking about messages that never get posted. Particularly in the "Beef Production" section. It seems if you criticize breed associations, The CFIA, ACC or CCA you could very well get zapped! You sort of have to follow the sheep! And the only messages that do get zapped are those types! I've only had this problem in that section but now I've finally got the message...don't try to say anything too controversial in the "Beef Production" section!

Comment

Cowman,

Thank you for sharing the details of your concern. Agri-ville.com has not removed or prevented in postings in the Beef meeting.

A Moderator posting was deleted in the Rural Issues room in the Fall of 2001 at the request of the Moderator due to typo's and spelling errors.

Agri-ville.com is issue neutral and provides a platform for discussion, debate towards solutions.

Do you use two different computers when posting? I know of a Moderator in the Crops meeting room who "could not" see his postings, due to a setting on his computer. Perhaps try viewing the Postings on your neighbor's computer, an Alberta Ag kiosk or local library internet station.

You are a valued and active member of the Agri-ville.com community and your participation is most welcome. Your participation is NOT being monitored for content, political view or perspective on an issue.

Kindest regards,

Agri-ville.com Mayor

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.