• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind-Power

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind-Power

"Hello - this is a general inquiry about the use of windmills - Wind
    Power - by agriculturists. How good is it? How do the costs compare to
    other sources of power? Is it viable? Thanks for any information you
    can send me.

The question you ask is a very good one, not only wind, but solar, thermal and energy cells may be other areas to look at. For the most up to date info on the wind generation here is a web site for you to visit! http://www.canwea.ca/indexen.htm

Comment

Thanks for this prompt reply. I'll visit the site. VR

Comment

I to am interested in wind power as well as solar. If there is anybody with some information or experiance I would enjoy hearing them reply.
        I am tired of paying the gov't utilities more every year. I would like to increase a few things on the farm that require power but with the costs am a little shy to do it. We use wood to help heat our house and sure notice the useage on power when we do.

Comment

The internet is an excellent resource on alternative power. Also there are many many books on the subject of alternative power sources. Many of these low cost alternatives can be built with common items found laying around the farm and provide comfortable year round energy.

Wind an solar energy have been interests of mine and many others for years, more
          recent however, methane, solid fuels, fiber optics and other alternatives have been
          more and more prominent and probably worth a look see.

I find the www.google.com site an excellent search engine to find information on these and many more innovations. Type in solar and wow everything you need shows up. Below are a couple of sites for your pleasure
          http://www.howstuffworks.com/
          http://www.bigfrogmountain.com/

Let me know how you make out and if you plan to go ahead, I would be interested in the methods and choices you make!

Comment

Hope the folks that have been looking into these alternative power sources have found some good ideas. I am looking at a commercial operation (meat processing plant) and would like to work some of these ideas into the plant somehow!

Let me know how you made out with your projects

Comment

We are in the process of building a processing and fabrication plant one of the technologies we have been looking at is the biodigester system, through the research I have found small units that are being used in other countries to produce gas and fertilizer. You may want to do a surf one night and see if these would work for you on your farm. Cool stuff
              www.mv.slu.se/vaxtnaring/anna/Tanzania/Report
              www.fao.org/docrep/003/v9327e/
              x-borderbiodiversity.tripod.com/disc11
              www.rirdc.gov.au/corporateplan
              www.rirdc.gov.au/reports/Ras/01-174sum
              lead.virtualcentre.org/en/ele/awi_2000/3session/3plenary.txt

Comment

Wind energy. What is missing for a cost calculation for wind powered generators is the average windspeed in all regions of the prairies. What I mean is the windspeed hours above 10 km at 200 - 300'.

A good wind generator can produces 3 - 5,000,000 KW/year = $100,000 - $150,000 under our preis conditions if the energy co's buy it for 3.5 c/kw, but building costs are about $3,000,000, so even with 40 years of live our senario does not match at the moment.

Look at www.enercon.de

Comment

I am absolutely convinced our future is in nuclear power and hydrogen power. Science has not given us any other viable alternative.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...