• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bi-directional Tractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bi-directional Tractors

I am condsidering buying a bi-directional Ford-NewHolland tractor, either a 9030 or a TV140. Can anybody tell me of their strengths and weaknesses. Are they as versatile as the name suggests. Do they have many problems? Any information is appreciated.

We got in on the ground floor. We have owned a 150 and 256 Versatile before they turned the color blue. The downside - an inordinate amount of servicing and repair. The axles are particularly weak on the above models. There is alot of pivot points and u-joints to grease regularly. The upside is they are incredibly manuverable in lstk corrals with round bales (even in deep snow). Visibility is second to none. And fast with the hydrostatic forward/reverse being handled by one lever. If you handle a lot of round bales they are a dream both in the corrals and in the field. Although I have said maintenance can be a problem; realize that for years we started and ran these tractors virtually every day and through some pretty demanding cold conditions.

Comment

Will a 9030 run a bale shredder like a highline. And what are they like for cutting and baleing.

Comment

Our experience is with the older models. The 150 was the first model out, was substantually smaller, and was thus quite rough in the field. We did, however, do a lot of cereal grain swathing with a 28 foot header for a couple of years. A neighbour uses a Ford model with a haybine attachment. I don't know the hp requirements of a bale shredder.

Comment

I have 2 256 it runs a highline 6600 no problem , I have 1000 pto engine end so ican leave my ldr on all winter .Awesome machine , very hard to get stuck . Unbeatable in speed , one hand on wheel , on hand on hyd transmission lever , feet on lift and tilt . Fast , fast ,fast .

Comment

I also use 256 to cut hay (499 12' hydroswing )and bale (660 Round baler ) with no trouble . Best part is one can use ant speed because tranmission is hydrostatic . Once you own one and use it , youll always have one guarenteed!!!

Comment

I'll have to be the guy who scares you a bit.....I'v had two......a '93 and a '95 .....I traded the '93 cause I thought it was a lemon although it was really fast and handy......next one I got was worse......pivot points....cracking loader...loaders...etc finally the engine went just off warranty of course.......engine end diff and on and on and on .......bought a fiat fr11 now and was going to trade in the 9030 but decided that I couldn't be without it......go figure.....the tractor has too much power for it's own good.....after you've driven it for awhile you'll see ....sure you can lift two bales with it but your back end isn't on the ground (pivot points?).....very handy but be nice to it or it will break ya.....my $0.02 Jeff

Comment

It's gone!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...