• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calf Prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calf Prices?

How much do you need to sell your calves for next fall? With the high cost of feed this winter and the probability of high pasture costs next summer? Figure your costs as if you had to actually pay for them...example if you could sell your hay for $100/ton or rent your pasture out at $30/AUM. I do believe we just might need a raise next year!

RE: Needing a raise
    Need it or not the frightened consumer will decide with his almighty dollar whether or not you get a raise.And if these are the only factors you are looking at wait till you need that new feed tractor,feed wagon,silage cutter,baler,seeder,seeds, and some more land to cruise around on{oh ya some rain would be nice to}now how much of a raise do you need?Face it to big of a raise!!!

Comment

vkoff: My neighbor claims he needs $1200/calf next fall! I told him good luck!! I do believe calves will be up next fall, but no-way that much. You are sure right about all the other costs. Why is it that beef or grain can go down but machinery just seems to cost more and more every year? And yet a lot of farm machinery dealerships are in big trouble and even the manufactures don't seem to be doing all that great?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...