• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

constipated 1480

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

constipated 1480

Has anyone ever had any problems with the back end of a axial flow plugging up solid with the straw and chaff? Our 1480 has plugged up in peas more than once every year and now it did it in canola, causing the rotor to come to a crawl and the grain tank was filling with chaff. Each time it happens, I'm travelling with a significant wind in my back.

I have a Case Axial flow combine. Do you have a chopper, or beater? Is there a tin "board" from the back of the sieves angled down over the back axle? At the beginning of every season, take a sheet of emery cloth or sandpaper and shine it up, make it slippery, otherwise it will hang up on the "board" then sit at the top of the sieves, and back up into the chopper/beater. By last november I think we just took the board off. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you have a new chopper/ beater belt and that its at the right tension. The old one may look in good condition, but its probably stretched out of adjustment. In tough straw conditions this belt will slip, plug the back of rotor, then front. This will also then put extra stress on the big rotor belt which is even more $$.. Buy the chopper belt and a spare. Here is an excellent website for combines of all colors. If there is a problem, good chance you will find the answer here. http://www.harvesting.com/combine/directory.htm

Comment

We have a chopper that was just installed a couple of years ago. It probably doesn't even have 1000 acres on it yet. Yes, we do have a tin board and it's smoother than a baby's bum, smoother than puckboard anyways. I believe it is hanging on the tin and that's causing the problem but I can't see how sanding it will make it any smoother, but maybe I'll try it. Taking the tin board right off also crossed my mind, but I'll use that as a last resort since I want all the straw spread.

Comment

If you are using a chalf spreader, slow the spreader down a bit. We had this problem last fall in flax. We have a 2366 with a Kirby spreader and going with the wind would cause this same problem. Made a few phone calls and was told to slow the spreader down a bit and it worked.

Comment

Your return could be getting overloaded resulting in the whole rear drive system slowing/stopping causing her to back up. That seems to be a problem with the case combines. Haven't noticed it on the 7120 but the 21/2388 were bad for it. Do they have an internal chopper on those? If so put it on low for peas and canola and drop the cutter to half.

Comment

Had the same problem on the 7120 now. Open the bottom sieve, it clears it right up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...