• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Crop Insurance always and forever a dud

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Crop Insurance always and forever a dud

Heard yesterday people that were unfortunate to not be able to harvest last year's crop and too wet this spring are being denied coverage on those fields that are still out there too wet to harvest, burn or do anything with. What in the hell could be the reason to deny anyone their coverage on year like this, are they kidding? I've seen a few fields here and there not harvested from last year I just assumed they were written off by now, Wonder if Mr. Bjornerud even knows of this, I cannot believe he would approve this. Any one else heard of this going on? For you guys in that situation grab your nearest TV station, and an NDP candidate go stand in the mud, even city folks would shake their head. Looks like there needs to be more cleaning house at that useless outfit.

This is very relevant to all of us for this crop because if this wet continues gonna be lots left till spring. Could you imagine your coverage denied next spring?

Good post sask crop is useless.

Comment

They were nice enough to pass on the $30/ acre with no intensity deductions. Everyone get a cheque?

Comment

And would we expect them to take percentages off of their share of the 30 bucks which is what 12 dollars an acre? That's their help for the biggest flood disaster in Western Canada history? Thank you but they also raised premiums by 4 to 12 bucks an acre the minute they took over crop insurance. So thanks for giving what they took back.
        I am going to try and contact those that had their claims denied, I have a few names maybe try to contact them or better yet I encourage them to add their problems on here. This has ramifications for all of us cutting ruts trying to swath because if the early snow comes as predicted there is going to be alot of us in the same boat. These people paid a premium for coverage and are denied in a year of the worst flood in history. City and town people are getting disaster assistance and they rightfully should without premium, so what the hell is wrong here?

Comment

You know the more I think about this the more it's bothering me. I would have expected this kind of action from the past NDP crop insurance but from these guys? are they kidding us, some family is sitting there without money from a crop they insured on a year like this, I don't know the particular fields but I am going to find out if I can the details but I ask you fjlip and others without even looking at these fields do you not think there is some major screw up happenning to those people? there is a time when someone needs to be held accountable and this is one of them.

Comment

These fields were not harvested in May, but was the crop insured and indemnity paid for last year yet? Therefore, not seeded in 2010, due to too wet, and they will not pay the 50 30/ acre? Was this unharvested land insured for 2010 with intentions to seed? What is SCIC response to this situation? Yes, many are afraid next year could be wetter and even less seeded. Will we get paid if any of this crop is unharvested?

Comment

I don't have all the details yet but this I know it's not about the 50 and 30 it is about the indemnity on the crop, no indemnity paid last fall because over coverage and this year because not able to harvest before june 15 I believe or somewhere in there no liability gonna be paid at all it's done. Crop is flat on the ground in water.

Comment

And in fact also adjusters were in those fields 2 times in spring and up to their ankles in mud. so what's the deal with that?

Comment

I would say it is a write off. What are the adjusters assessing? What ever grew there is toast by now or even by June 15th. Worth a phone call.

Comment

My understanding of the adjusters is that it was too wet to harvest (even walk) there was some crop there, there are different crops involved so different scenerios with quality factors etc, but point is could not harvest prior to 15th since the 15th fusarium, mold, sprouting, broken rotted stems etc obviously has occurred. Crop insurance has wiped their hands said no insurance. So are those farmers with 0 income from that crop gonna try harvest after ground freezes fusarium and mold wheat, canola, flax and canaryseed and sell that into the system. We are all gonna pay for that if it's caught by the enduser.
                    Also according to people that "should know" different areas of the province handled this differently, one area those in the field were told basically find a way to write these things off, in another area resources man hours etc. were used to find ways to not pay people, if that is true, there is a bigger problem.
                    This is potentially huge for all of us, I hope it doesn't happen but what if we get any more rain and I mean any rain I think we are done til ground freezes, it snows early, crop over coverage, average snowfall, so no harvest before june 15 so we are not gonna be covered? Bullshit!!!!

Comment

This government has surprised me too. Now Crop Insurance will be delivering AgriStability- Good Luck

Comment

Crop Insurance hired the same managers who did such a great job with CAIS. Way to go Sask governmnet.

Comment

I'm not in crop insurance but, I'm beginning to question them also. Were having a dandy, one sided go-around over wildlife damage in over winter unharvested crop. They are of the opinion and I've used all my appeals, that they can just pay what ever piddly little amount they wish. They are not even reasonable in their pay out and I'm wondering if I have any other recourse.

Comment

tipsy, Did it go through the farmer board of appeals? Not sure what area you are from but in ours get this, the area manager or what ever they are called the ones above the local office bosses, seems to be running all the offices and makes all the decisions, if you don't like the decision, he gets the adjuster to hand you an appeal form, guess where the appeal goes, back to himself. Yea I know, right at this very moment I'm laughing my ass off, Saskatchewan the bold forward moving province, yeah right with a caveman crop insurance system. How stupid do they think we all are, well actually maybe we are dense for not doing anything about these things.
                            Around here they gave such a high harvest loss and then low quality factor to the grain over winter that guys are getting next to nothing for wildlife damage, and many of those fields because the fricken wildlife ate during the summer and fall that caused the green shit that caused some crop late harvest and left out to begin with. But isn't it interesting when it's for wildlife to pay you they dock the crap out of the value but to write it off in a claim situation like I mentioned above they won't do that.
                            Bjornerud should be made aware of these things not just by a few individuals, there needs to be a face to face with a bunch, it's another thing they were gonna fix, well times up let's see some action here.

Comment

Sumdumguy, is that for real they hired the old Cais managers? Holy crap!!! no wonder my file is just sitting there, I contacted them 2 months ago, they kept telling me how good it was gonna be here in Melville, I said "I hope so I want to talk to a supervisor, because those people in Winnipeg are morons!" Wow talk about screwing yourself big time!!! Maybe I should send some flowers, and a case of beer, she was polite, but didn't know a dam thing about the problem I had, and come to think of it she even said my problem originated in Winnipeg, ha maybe with her in the first place. God dang I'm really in it now!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...