• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot Pea Prices take a nosedive!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Pea Prices take a nosedive!

Spot peas at all three terminals in out area are down .35 to .50 cents a bushel. God by the amount of trucks hitting these plants with peas (one ever hour or so) Virtually very few bags. Most farmers are saying 25 if lucky which in farmer bushels is 20. Peas are small yet price drops. Again the market is looking at the stats Canada numbers and going with that.

If farmers are still dumping as the price goes down, there is no one else to blame but ourselves. The bus/ac makes little diff at this time as the market does not have to pay for it - it's getting shoved down their throat. We have not hauled one bushel yet - greens.

Comment

In 6 weeks the price for yellows will be $7.
      I planned on holding mine, but I sold some the other day since my lentils will look like crap and won't be picked up a.s.ap as previously planned.
      Maybe others are doing same.

Comment

Apparently you haven't heard about the 75 bushel pea crops in Alberta. You should try looking at the big picture when it comes to marketing your grain.

Comment

Pea prices will go up. Our area the yields are in the 10 bushel an acre range. Almost better to let the geese have them. Stats can has no clue on how bad some areas are.

Comment

So if you take a producer from Alberta with a 75 bushel crop and average you 10 bushel crop that's a 42 bushel average. Still think they are going to go up ?

Comment

Hey pspoor farmer Alberta LA LA land isn't going to average 75 come on I saw the peas yes a few but not average. Sask keeps getting these rains and 25 to 30 will be 10 to 15 on whole province. God do you guys live in Rose Colored glasses land.

Comment

I don't care what the yield is anywhere. It is what guy's are willing to sell for that sets the price. As long as guys are willing to sell cheap the market will stay down untill the rest are forced to sell.

This is in every commodity Wht included. Non board grains and board grains.

Some have it figured that instead of increasing margin per acre they will get more acres, more inputs, bigger newer machinery then more acres, more inputs, bigger newer machinery. If they would stop and increase margins buy driving price up we would see better returns per acre.

Pea prices will not go up till guys stop selling at current prices and demand more.

It was said on another trend that 19% of farmers grow 91% of the grain. They contol the price and are to blame for driving down the price and increasing the price of inputs. IMHO.

Comment

Funny someone that isn't even a farmer talking up the 75 bushel yield myth, and talking down prices, is that so you can steel them for 4 bucks and sell them to your pakistani buddies on their 3 wheel bikes and 3bag carrier and sell them for 30 bucks. Ever wonder why the pakistanis are in with the big pulse guy and buying out everyone here, they talk of the middleman taking their money too, only there is no middleman they are the middlemen.

Comment

IMO, good quality yellows will hit $6.5 and good greens will be $8 within a month. The first flush is in the system and they will have to pull the rest out.

Comment

Finially someone with a positive attitude

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...