• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unloading auger trouble Jd 9760

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unloading auger trouble Jd 9760

Is anyone else having trouble breaking sheer pins when unloading lentils with a Jd 9760 combine. If we fill the hopper more than half full the sheer pin breaks and clutch slips.
    We never had that trouble last year as it it took a long time to get the hopper over half full.
    We have whatever they are called in the hopper over the augers set at the lowest position. The auger is clean inside no lentils building up on the tubing. We had that the same thing happen 3 years ago in peas and lentils after we combined 1000 acres of pulses there was a build up on the tubing.
    We just got started this year and we are having trouble right from the start.
    We filled the hopper up once and we had to empty some out with a grain auger out of the hopper clean out to get the unloading auger to go without breaking a sheer pin.

Can you limit the amount of lentils being feed into the unloading system like the cross augers in the hopper.they are a denser packier sort of product

Comment

this would be your last resort but if you've exhausted everything else you could use higher grade shear pins just to get through the lentil crop

Comment

JAG-might want to consider a red shear pin. Oh heck, just get a red combine.

Comment

You mentioned that you lowered the grates over the unloading auger as much as possible. In addition, another idea might be to put in some vertical bars (or actually put some plating in to block off more access) with the grates to break up the flow of the lentils and prevent packing, if that is indeed what is happening. This might take some of the pressure off start-up when the unloading auger has to twist across the whole width of the hopper in packed lentils.

Hopefully I got my idea across, I can easily visualize it but having a tough time explaining...

Comment

Loosen tesioner on drive belt.

Engage in low revs

Hope that helps.

Comment

We had a similar problem on a TX 66, the auger flighting was bent back a little at the transition.

Our 9760 is holding up, seems to be handling the 25% dirt in the peas okay.

Comment

This happened to neighbors last year on high moisture wheat. I am pretty sure this was a factory default and should be upgraded by Deere. I think there was a solution in the New Ag Talk website forum. Also, my favorite, combinetalkshow.com. Click on the John Deere and there will be many solutions to many machines by farmers and custom operators who use them.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys. We attached a peace of a mudflap in the center on each side of the grate to restrict the flow into the auger.
                  This is helping but I think the verticle auger going up to to the unloading auger has the flighting worn down a bit and it is causing the problem.

Comment

Sounds to me like your vertical auger is worn enough at the elbow that crop flow cant make the corner in high moisture or dirt situations. Easiest fix is replace auger. Weve had to do this on more than one occasion on different combines

Comment

these vertical augers are a nightmare in wet grain, no use here in scotland.

Comment

i think the combine load capacities have been reached
                        and now they are try to ggoose the unload speeds and
                        pushing the limits to far for some crops.

Comment

It will be intersting to see how the MF 9795 augers lentils - no direction change - much like a grain cart auger. Increadably fast in peas, tough or dry.
                          We had trouble with a gleaner and tough lentils - it was the wild tomato's and green stems that gummed everything up bad. That was a few years back. Where that stuff come from I duno, never had them since.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...