• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MacDon 960 header

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacDon 960 header

I recently bought a 1995 Prarie Star with a 960 MacDon triple delivery header and have trouble keeping the main d****r on the right hand side turning when it gets loaded with crop. Just cutting wheat so far. Any ideas?

Is it just the d****r belt slipping or is the motor stopping?

Comment

The New style canvas rollers have rubber on them for a better grip...Do you have a motor on each roller?

Comment

More than likely it is the canvass slipping. Take it off and put new rubber on the drive roller or friction tape works too. If it's not slipping check to see if it is rubbing anywhere it shouldn't be or if there's a wad of crop inside giving you grief. Make sure the roller bearings are good and the rollers are turning freely.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I cleaned some chaff and straw from various places and tightened the d****r more than what it said in the book. It is working fine now.

Comment

Grr I would like to hijack the thread I have a new problem. I solved the buildup of material on the outer roller by tightening the canvass very tight, seemed to work well no more buildup of material. I use the double roller drive also. Both rollers driving.
            But now I am in canola with tall wild oats and once in a while have a wrapping problem in the inner roller, at back of canvass, also happening to 972 header. Its a lot of work to clear the wrapping. We were supposed to finish in one more day but looks like it will take another full day after that. More if it gets wetter. We also use the retractable finger feed rollers so maybe has something to do with them, will have to watch closely tomorrow. Perhaps a deflector of some sort can work. Would have to happen when 12 miles away from home. Also got stuck, may not be the last time.

Comment

The women driving the swathers don't like clearing the canvasses its hard work.

Comment

Hopper just noticed your comments on the inner roller wrapping and though its probably too late for you this year I found that even though it didn't look bad the plastic spacer or anti wrap piece on my roller was worn enough to let wrapping start, and in certain conditions all it takes is just a little rough spot or a little opening to grab that first straw and then he starts grabbing all his friends.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...