• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers Trying to get out of Lentil and Pea Contracts!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers Trying to get out of Lentil and Pea Contracts!

Heard through the g**** vine that farmers south of us in Very heavy flat land are trying to get out of contracts as they fear they wont be able to meet their requirements.
    1 st lentils will be down graded because bottoms sitting in water will come in tank and effect sample.
    2. They didn't pod worth shit.
    3. Lentils don't like a drink every day.
    4. Buyers are waiting it out, yea their trying to figure how to make money on this crop. Like last time we grew them. Sold half for excellent price. Rained all year, after cleaning and color sorting etc etc. We sold 10 bushel crop for what we contracted and the rest was scrap.
    Peas after harvesting half section and witnessing half the crop that I thought was their. Bins are not going to be a issue. Also excellent crop by fort and only one bag Hm.
    Friend phoned from south of Melville and said he was going and it would be tough to get his seed back. Flooding at flowering took huge toll.
    So If pulses are not coming off great do to the huge rains this year what makes one believe the rest will do any better.
    When one walks fields or is in sprayer or plane its reality that hits way before the combine.
    Yes outside rounds first 100 ft look good. Then when one goes up and down it shows the true destruction of the water. Yes their are excellent crops near by we have a few to but if your seeding 16 wheat all in row how come first two are excellent then 4 poor then two good,four superb and 4 a right off.
    I feel lots of surprises are yet to come some pleasent and some not so.

Peas are the one that I just think there will be much less production than predicted. Early peas look weedy and late acres did not pod as long. My peas are like a fast car. 0 to 50 in seconds .. Peas did not take the flooding well. Field where I switched to Flax .Low spot no peas growing but flax grew . Seeded same day ..same low spot..

Comment

We learnt that years ago peas don't like water but like all farmers you hope, wish, pray your wrong but mother nature will screw up a crop faster than any bureaucrat.

Comment

God damn the wheat board!

Comment

Bsigg are you figuring that getting out of a CWB contract would be better than a pea contract? As far as I know most pea processors carry insurance for non delivery on act of god. The wheat board will jump on top of you when you fall on you knee.

Comment

Insurance for non-delivery of act of god, that is a funny one, completely wrong.

Comment

Act of God,

That option is normally between the enduser and dealer... on a specified volume like 10 bu/ac on the bottom end of the production.

The 'insurance' is usually the other production contracts that will average in volume from growers who got more than 10bu/ac.

Anyone who walks and sells to another dealer; on a signed production contract... is an immoral leach... the dealer buying it should know better and give the product back.

The first question should always be... have you already contracted this crop?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...