• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas 16.5 Today Not Ready!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peas 16.5 Today Not Ready!

Tried peas today and their 16.5 wont take for edible unless 14 or under BO ho. Also Cargill phoned $5.05 now off combine. Hm Where are all the peas looks to me like the acreage number is going to come in real low. So again stats Canada gets farmers by not getting the information out oh lets say June.

I think if mine were there, I would be taking them and putting them on air with a little heat.

Comment

tomorrow that's on the agenda, today two of the three were ready by 6. 3rd has problems with Duals from factory. The Dealer stripped two bolts.

Comment

Seen a lot of peas in central AB over the weekend that looked terrible so I am guessing that the price will be higher soon. They were full of disease with some patches already wiped out. It would seem that pulses don't care for the 80% RH weather all summer.

Comment

Is 16.0% still not dry for peas?? or have they lowered it? Im assuming your talking yellows, does your contract specify 14.0%?? what gives?
          If I were you I'd be givener at 16.5 and aerate for a day or two, it won't take much to bring it down.
          Started straight green peas yesterday at 15.8 and happy to see so litle beaching as we had a fair bit of moisture over the last week(maybe they weren't dry yet when it rained, does that matter?), the swathed ones may not be so nice.

Comment

Radar looks like storm coming from NW. Combining could be on hold. Plus a few cold nights, 3 near Kelvington last night.

Comment

At 16.5 and with 2 combines ready to go,i sure wouldn't have been standing around!!Especially how it likes to rain this year,and they are calling for rain again tonight and tomorrow.This might be one of those decisions you will end up regretting tomorrow,while looking out the window and watching it rain.

Comment

SF3, thought you were sooooo late cuz it was so wet and nothing was growing only drowning? Here you can already harvest peas. Guess stats can wasn't far off after all.

Comment

WD40 your not so bright are you we were seeding April 20 peas read back oh yea you cant read.

Comment

Also WD40 the thread is talking about low ball price offered and where are all the peas. Fruck not when were they seeded, and yes we were going in mid April. We don't sit on our ass. Now answer the question where are all the peas and is 5.05 a decent price.

Comment

My peas are all 17 to 20 and being dried

Comment

the title of the thread implies that we are talking about moisture in peas, so I'll stick with that theme

Comment

Again boys we will be ready today! Were are all the peas is question plus is $5.05 really a good price off combine. Answer no one can come up with is where are the peas. Any way Bins are ready to take. Just Combines weren't ready. Some days every thing doesn't come together yesterday was one of those days. Now also had a buddy that said Richardson wouldn't take his peas if not at 14. Ill check today. And yes it did spit last night so will have to wait till afternoon. But if their 16 to 17 will take today.

Comment

Ok railway did some of the line companies lower the moisture acceptance to 14.

Comment

As far as I know dry is 16. I know cracking will be huge at anything less than that. We should finish our peas tomorrow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.