• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peas 16.5 Today Not Ready!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGC specs 16 is dry. Unless they are paying a premium for 14 they need to be reminded of that.

Comment

There has been no change in MC of peas.

Comment

We are advised to harvest at between 16-20% moisture then dry with air to 16%. Less seed coat damage and sprouting my become a big issue with a lot of peas laying flat on wet ground this year.

Comment

at 14% MC, you'll damage 25% of your peas. Maybe they'll pay you for feed, thats even cheaper than paying for yellows.

Won't Pakistan need alot of peas, aid will pay for them.

Comment

Put them in a bag, I hear that works great for tough grain. Didn't you mention that you were going to bag them and wait for a higher price. Hopper bins with air are the way to go. I could rent you mine but they are still full from last year no raven holes to tape up on top of those babies. Glad I dont have a crop or I might have had to buy a grain bagger, yeah right.

Comment

in our drought area we just fininshed peas....combined lots of peas at 12% moist, with only 1/2 % splits..good luck with the weather...lots of peas in bags in the peace, many prefer dealing with peas in the bag than in the bin....

Comment

I haven't found anyone yet that didnt like emptying out a hopper bin. How could a bag be better than a bin? Hope you dont get wet like us or you may find out how much fun bags are.

Comment

SK3

Nobody ventured an answer on your $5.05/bu offer. I would agree on holding off for the moment. Suspect not a lot of edible pea business being done.

Also note the relationship between peas and other grains. $6/bu wheat and $5 peas? $4/bu feed barley and $5 edilble yellows - my assumption is that feed peas should be worth more than $5/bu. $4 feed barley and $5 peas are both about $185/tonne.

Comment

May as well promote an information site. I note the feed pea index price provided by Alberta Pulse Growers/Pulse Canada indicates feed peas should be worth $5/bu on a nutrient basis for livestock feed. I note the feed grain prices are likely undervalued by $20/tonne or 50 cents/bu.

[URL="http://www.pulsecanada.com/benchmark"]feed pea benchmark[/URL]

Comment

Oops. Mistake alert. The attachment is for March. Can't find the link for the July benchmark. From the email I am sent every week, feed peas in AB/MB should be worth over $200/tonne and SK, $190/tonne based on nutrient value. Feed barley prices used in the calculation are $163 AB, $148 SK and $155 MB

Comment

the actual link to Alberta Pulse Growers.

[URL="http://www.pulse.ab.ca/ForPulseTraders/FeedPeaBenchmark/tabid/230/Default.aspx"]feed pea benchmark[/URL]

Comment

In SW sask we are forever cutting peas under 14 percent.. That is a load of BS that you damage 25% of them at 14 or under. What are you combining them with a hammer??? Peas with any green content or immature will cause far more problems with green crap and smushed shit in the combine than any dry peas will ever cause. Only way to avoid green crap is spray them all preharvest.

Comment

Yes SF3 you should sell today at that price. Its a real good one.

Comment

So what is that drowned out saturated shit running for bushels? Or are you still out combining and cracking the shit out of it after the straw gets wet?

Comment

JD, I guess my experiance has been with green peas, if you get moisture down to avg 14%, look out, you'll have plenty of chipped, cracked and split peas. 25% won't be far off. When you avg 14% moisture, remember some will be 12%, or even lower.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...