• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1480 hopper topper

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1480 hopper topper

We're thinking of putting a hopper extension on our 1480 IH. Does anyone know how much more grain those combines can handle?

I'd be scared to put anymore grain into them. You might snap an axle or something.

Comment

Unless you have upgraded the rims DO NOT even think doing this. Used to own a 1480 that had been used in irrigated fields and had nothing but trouble with the rims( cracks and finally splits). Finally had to put new and heavier rims on it.

Comment

Yeah I found a thread on the combineforum that's a few years old. This guy from SK posted a photo of a crack on his 9750 that he claims is from having the hopper extension. Slow and steady wins the race I think now.

Comment

Tman the 1680s are breaking the rear axels and it happened to us, surprising to me it was only a half day down time looked much worse combine rolled back down hill and pushed up some dirt. You could strenthen that back axel first before it would break would be a good idea. Go for it, nothing to it. If it gets you back and forth on that half mile that is the plus.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...