• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain and flooding.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain and flooding.

Watching the news this morning about the flooding in Medicine Hat. Scarey stuff. How's everyone here doing? Are you staying above water?

We had our road go under water yesterday, but so far, I don't think there was any permanent damage. We'll be able to check better when the creek goes down. The last time this piece of road had a flood like that, the whole road went out, the culvert traveled about 500 yards around a corner, under the railway bridge, and landed in our pasture in the bush. It sent a wall of water all the way to town, where it caused the campground to be evacuated before it got there. If they hadn't evacuated, the trailers would have been up to their windows in water. Needless to say, we kept a close eye on that bit of road yesterday.

Hope all our Alberta friends are staying safe. A flood is bad enough, but a flash flood takes it to a whole other level.

We are in good shape here, a lot less rain than the SE. I posted pics on ranchers.net. The crops and grass look great this morning although spraying will be a challenge. We do however have a bit of trouble with water in the basement. Nothing a sump pump can't deal with.

Comment

The river at High River has been okay so far. It's high - but doesn't look like it will flood this year.

My husband is a crop duster, so he's certainly working on fields this week that are too wet for a ground sprayer.

Comment

No flooding here - we are in good shape for grass and immediate moisture but are probably still in a deficit situation. An inch a week for the next month would make me a lot happier.

Comment

Getting drier around Edmonton and north by the day. Crops starting to go backwards in areas. Hope we get some moisture in the next short while to keep things going.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...