• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volunteer Canola in Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volunteer Canola in Peas

Anyone have any recipes on v. canola in peas, i know odyssey is supposed to work but have been fooled to many years in a row. some rr v. canola is 2-3 leaf now so want to get it asap. any opinion would be appreciated

Viper works well.

Comment

your oddysey probably didn't work because your rr canola has clearfield in it too from cross polination...had that issue in rr soybeans with v canola.

Comment

v.Canola in peas:

Sencor,
        MCPA Sodium Salts if small,
        Viper = Solo and Basagran with 28-00
        Basagran Forte

Comment

Grow it out, harvest it, run it through a Kwik Clean..win - win..sell the canola, sell the peas. nothing but money. Your neighbors might find that its not as "pretty" as theirs but they do not get past aesthetics. You will find the cheques are pretty.

Comment

Actually isn't that what is called intercropping.

Might be wrong.

I read an article about doing this and apparently the canola helps the peas stand up. I wouldn't get rid of them. And it also doesn't affect yield.

Maybe preharveat with HEAT from basf and clean the two crops out after harvest.

If I had that problem and it was this wet I would leave them and fertilize the hell out of the crop and forget about the 25 bucks an acre to spray.

What have you got to lose?

Comment

A farmer out this way intentionally grew the two together last year. Yields were about 15 Bu canola (seeded 1/2 rate) and 50 bu peas. Biggest benefit was pea stand ability and swathing...10 inches as canola held up peas. Biggest concern was taking peas off at 16 and canola at 9. Concern is to clean them right away because unsure of the moisture variance and how they would keep together.

Comment

If crop insured.. intercrop not allowed I understand. Read rules.

Deseases and rotation are a long term problem that is serious.

Harvest can be very interesting... setting the combine a problem if straight cut.

Comment

Do intercrop peas and canola need N fert?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.