• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCIA buttons

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCIA buttons

CCIA should be looking at their own when it comes to bitching at farmers for not having tags in their cows. I tagged all of the cows three years ago.Ten percent lost their tags after one year and now between one third and a half are gone. These tags are just poor quality and we farmers have to pay for their stupidity. Shit will hit the fan if I ever get the gears from some ID card carrying CCIA geek. He or she would be sporting a couple of tags before i would take their lip...

Pro farmer---Is there a chance I can get a full case report from you about the RFID retention in your herd. I have about 15 in my hands now varying from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, alberta and BC. I have testimonals and support from Large animal beef veterinarians that practiced in the trenches during the 70s 80s and 90s. I will be having these in hand at the Moose Jaw stock growers on June 14. I will be presenting these in triplicate as exibit or schedule A B C at the "trial" on June 14 and 15.

Pro Farmer---Dont be surprised when you complain to CCIA or the tag company that they come back and tell you that "you don't know how to apply the RFID TAGS properly". Did you dip each tag in disinfectant.

Rock & Roll TIme

Comment

I looked at ours last week as we processed cattle for grass and those cows that were pink back tagged under the calf set aside program in winter 2005 come out the winners. I have only 75% of the cows remaining from the heifer crop that year but they have 100% retention of the RFID tags. 100% over 5 years - can't complain about that. Whether the pink tag pins were different from the yellow ones I don't know but that is our best retention experience. I do note that those tags were maybe further into the ears (towards the head) than the ones we usually tag as young calves - maybe that is the sole difference?

Comment

These tags are falling apart on the button, these thin parts are ether not UV combatable or just junk. The end just breaks into pie shape peices and fall off. My herd is over 300 cows and this cost mounts up. I talked to the CCIA rep after she phoned me because I gave the CCA president shit because of his comment that I did not Know how to tag cattle properly.She must have been off her meds that day.The CCIA pres is just another pencil pushing idiot that just likes to go to meetings.Get down in the chutes open your eyes and see what is happening..

Comment

Pro F. I have received about 15 different stories from across western canada about this. Could you please write out a testimonal about your own herd case, sign it and email it to me. kphabermehl@sasktel.net. These will be in my hand next week and presented to the tribunal judge as exhibit B. I just received a very detailed one from a veterinarian who was in large animal practice in Alberta for years next to the practices I owned and operated from 1977-95. He is just finishing his career as teacher at Fairview college. Great and detailed evidence.

If you have time Pro Farmer Please the bigger the Handfull and the more pages are flapping the more effect.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...