• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSE Class Action petition update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSE Class Action petition update

We've got wheels rolling in Manitoba now. Got some good press coverage, front page of the MB Co-operator. Harry Siemens has written some articles, and I even got on the radio. Sent press releases out to all the community newspapers, and got some good response there.

We've got petitions in a number of auction marts, in the hands of some good people who are helping us out, and in a few businesses. I checked back on Tuesday with a local cattle buyer, and they had three filled petitions, and were working on more! They are the winners so far. ;-)

Every day brings a few new friends on our facebook page as well. We can always use more friends there, so please check it out. The more friends the better. It will be the first place both the media and our friends in government will go to gauge support for the cause.

www.facebook.com/bseclassaction

So much for Manitoba.

How about the other provinces? Any news? Please let me know so I can post updates on facebook. hello.iamkato@gmail.com

One more question..... Has everyone signed a petition yet?

Funny how evereyone on agriville is avoiding this Class action stuff. Is it too scarey for people to talk about? Do you think the government has missile launchers waiting to blast the septic tanks of those who stand up for this lawsuit?

Got a few petitions ready to go here around Ponokadoka.

Keep it up Kato --- It only took a couple of people to screw this whole industry up with this BSE shit to start with and it will only take a few of us to fix it as well.

Comment

Delivered a petition to the Winnipeg Auction mart today, and there is also also one at the Gateway Valley Inn in Benito, for those in the Swan River Valley. That one picked up ten signatures within minutes. The Manitoba MP's will be well covered, I am sure of that.

It may be quiet at Agri-ville, but what I'm hearing from Manitoba producers is "Bring it on." This province was hurt even more than most, as we have traditionally sent cattle south more than other provinces. We also get much less support provincially than most others as well.

There are a lot of angry people here who have had enough. Many have left the business, but the ones who are left are totally fed up, and tired of being kicked around.

In Manitoba, at least this thing is picking up momentum fast.

Comment

Randy I have yet to check out if there is one at my local auction. I will go Monday and look into it. Too busy driving around in circles.

Comment

I think it's the old "herding cats" problem. A few supporting this action, a few trying to reverse ear tagging or age-verification, a few trying to start a new plant up - the vast majority too nice/polite/lazy/uninterested/uninformed/uninvolved to do anything. Collectively producers in Western Canada remain their own worst enemy preferring to p m in the coffee shop than actually do anything. Hats off to the people putting in the work on this one, I hope its not all in vain once again as some good people will be left burnt out and disillusioned.

Comment

What I've been finding is that people who don't "seem" to be getting behind it, don't really know about it. That's the only reason. Once they really know what's going on, they're pretty much all 100% with it. I have not had one single person refuse to get on board and back this.

It's not like we're asking people to devote a lot of time to this.

It's a matter of getting the word out. No matter how many things others are involved in, it only takes a minute to sign a piece of paper. And in this province at least, they are signing.

Comment

per, (and everyone else here!) phone your auction mart tomorrow. If they don't have a petition, tell them what it's about, and they'll want one. The thing I've found is that you have to make contact in person to have the best success. I haven't had an auction mart say no yet.

If they want one, give them my email hello.iamkato@gmail.com, and I'll send them one. Or get their email address, send it to me, and tell them one is coming. After that, if you mention to another auction mart that there is a petition in this one, they won't take any convincing at all to have one as well. They can see their business dropping from the BSE fallout too, and know how important it is to actually have cattle to sell!

Once the word gets out, it will take on a life of it's own. It's doing that right now in our province.

Comment

Almost done going "round & round" in fields and then focus this CAT will focus on the upcoming Tribunal on June 15 & 16 in Saskatoon.

1)Please email a BSE Class action petition to me. Kphabermehl@sasktel.net. It will be at the door of the court-room. The litter of kittens that are following this cat is quite exensive and it won't be hard to get signatures. From there I will post it at my local auction markets that are fully supporting me in this action.

2)GF---No one is against "tagging an animal" It is the continual re-tagging that has raised a huge uproar across the west. Testimonals from large cattle cow-calf operators and from Veterinary CLinics, Veterinary Associations and no0w the large animal clinicians at the Western College of Veterinary medicine are now behind my efforts. This evidence will be brought out at the hearing.

3)Goals of this tribunal hearing:

1)Clarification of Section 176 of the animal health act. 2009 chairman will be testifying on my behalf what was presented at cattle meetings last winter (CCA chairman & Min of AG understanding---what was presented).

2)Accountability within CFIA?? Inspectors and districts.

3)Huge awareness on the short-term RFID tag especially in the adult bovine animal. Papers and papers of testimonal support to this effect.

4)How can CFIA reach out across Canada to producers on all aspects of the act ---------Very limited and mixed messages across this area.

Comment

The petition is on it's way. Thanks!

Comment

Well we are getting this thing off the ground here in Ontario now. It would be nice to see some big, recognizable names getting on it but well work with whoever wants to help push!

Comment

Rained here today and made a road trip serving subpoenas to two CFIA inspectors. The look on their faces. Took your petitions Kato one to Moose Jaw auction and the other to REGINA Auction Market. It isn't hard to show the upcoming CFIA conflict and then showing the Class Action petition.

Serving one more subpoena tomorrow in the Saskatoon area.I will deliver another petition to Saskatoon LIvestock Sales. It is sale day and rainy so should be able to mingle with cattlemen. CKOM has just emailed and have me on 650 radio at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday followed by CFIA interview. Should be interesting.

Comment

Excellent news! I'll post on Facebook where people can find the petitions.

We don't get that station, but I'll try and listen online. Anyone else want to listen in? This is where to find it.

http://www.newstalk650.com/ondemand

Comment

Update from Saskatchewan. A mixup with the radio stations but we are set for tomorrow. 650 with Tammy Robert live----11:15 a.m.

Neil Billinger on 600 at 12:30 noon. I was in studio with him today and it is taped.

Neil Billinger will be announcing that the BSE petitions are at the auction markets in the Saskatoon, Moosejaw and Regina area and will be in Assiniboia and Swift Current by the end of the week.

Neil Billinger will be chairing the Saskatchewan Stockgrowers meeting in MooseJaw on Monday June 14 also and more promotion on the BSE petitions.

I am also keeping one petition in my possession because of the Support I am getting from people stopping me and coming in the yard over my case with CFIA.

Comment

Super! I'll post that info on Facebook.

I was listening to the radio online yesterday and worried I had missed it. All they were talking about was that fake lake.

Shall I post the radio info on Facebook too?

Comment

What the heck, I'll do it anyway.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...