• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Action Suit Update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class Action Suit Update

Here's a quick report to bring everyone up to date on what's been happening. There's a reason why it's been kind of quiet around here lately.

1.The petitions are ready, and are being sent out now. For a start, they are going to most auction marts, cattle organizations, farm organizations, and Alberta county offices.

2. We have a Facebook page. Just go to Facebook and search "Canadian cattle producers for a bse class action settlement" and it should pop up. Ya, I know it's a long name, but it is a self explanatory name too. LOL. Even searching part of it will usually get you there. We're picking up new fans every day, and the higher the numbers, the better. If you go to the page and click the "like" button, you'll get updates on your wall whenever we post them.

3. The plan is not to send one big petition with thousands of names on it. The plan is to send hundreds of petitions with 25 to 30 names on them to as many different MP's as we can. If we can send 308 petitions to 308 MP's that would be spectacular. The petition is worded and set up to be approved by the Clerk of Petitions in the House of Commons, and that means they are obligated to take it to the House. They are not allowed to put it aside and ignore it, like they've ignored so much else.

4. A press release is prepared, and is being released this week. Pun intended.

5. We have really good coverage in Alberta and Manitoba, but if anyone here from the other provinces is interested in getting more involved, then that would be absolutely wonderful!

6. Anyone wanting a petition of their own, please email me at hello.iamkato@gmail.com

7. Everybody really needs to go to www.bseclassaction.ca and read through the information there. It is an eye opener.

8. The date for delivering the petitions to the MP's is June 30.

Kato, have you spoken with CAO's of
    Alberta Municipalities? I doubt if they
    will have a petition at the counter
    unless council's have approved it. I
    would suggest sending it to the
    Agricultural Fieldman of each County
    might be a better route to take, that
    way it would be inserted into the
    Agricultural Service Board Agenda as an
    add on and each Board member might take
    it around and get a few signatures if
    they chose.

Comment

I do know they've been or are being sent to the County offices as we speak. I guess we'll have to see how they deal with it. I think Alberta is going to be pretty well covered from what I see.

What I'm concerned about is the rest of the country. I think I can manage getting the word out in Manitoba, and am hoping some more people get on board to help me with things like maybe organizing an information meeting, or at least talking to the media.

So if anyone is reading this from Saskatchewan, Ontario, B.C., Quebec or the Maritimes, and cares to jump on board, please contact Randy or me, or drop a message on the Facebook page.

We'd love to hear from you. There's a lot at stake.

Comment

Got to work on the press release stuff tonight Kato and sent out a mass email to my email list.

Hope everyone has their petition started. Only 30 names needed on each one. Not a lot of work but surely a way we can help ourselves.

Thanks for all your work kato; and our new found angel Margo.

Comment

Calling all Saskatchewanians....... ;-) We've got you surrounded, but would love to hear from you.

hello.iamkato@gmail.com

Ontarioians? Ontarians? B.C.'ers, Quebecois? Maritimers? However you spell it, we'd love to hear from you too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.