• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray peas for $7.68 Acre

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray peas for $7.68 Acre

Seems the US market is getting closer to parity with Canada. PMRA is helping out a little little little bit but still haven't got a cheap puma out who knows maybe.
    But looks like if one wants to made a cocktail for 2010 then Pursuit and Assure will come in at $7.00 to $7.68 an acre.
    Hm Canadian way in $20.00 so men shop around.
    Now add Assure to Liberty for real solid kill for canola. Also use it on other crops for $3.00 an acre.
    This should help with costs.
    Now again spending close to 16 to 20 acre for hrs and Durum something is wrong with this picture.

We quit using Pursuit because of the carryover, word of caution.

Comment

You are getting Assure for $3/ac? Best i have seen is $230 per case.

Comment

Crusher we go 1/3 rate on peas no carry over in east sask very nice combo better than viper and other one.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up S/F, but why even look at puma - hard on crops easy on grasses.

Comment

As a Canadian farmer are we allowed to bring chemical back across the border from the US? .I know people who bring vet suplies back.

Comment

Puma works excellent for us, virtually no W/O but has a lot to do with seeding rate date of seeding burn off etc. Plus I'm tight on inputs they have to return big div for cost to stick around.

Comment

what is the exact rates you are using on this of pursuit and assure?

How does your kill compare to odyssey?

Comment

1/3 pursuit and full rate assure.
                  Been doing it since they came out with Odyssey. Why do you think their short changing the dealers pursuit this year they want you to use their more expensive product and the only way is to make a shortage of pursuit.

Comment

I have a twenty year stretch of using half rate puma to control grasses in Wheat and barley with 5 gallon nozzles.
                    Just been upping my rate last couple years. Been a great money saver. I would not want to use it in peas considering my use of it in cereals. I cannot find a dealer to supply pursuit at the moment.

Comment

Yea hopper puma is a money maker and would be even a bigger money maker is PMRA would have allowed it to be opened up but hey lower rate and what a kill.

Comment

Puma on durum is dangerous at full rate. There is a stage that if you get caught spraying your durum late will weaken the stem and cause major amount of plants broken off before you get a chance to combine. Have seen fields like this and asked the neibour if he sprayed puma late and sure enough he did. Heard puma has changed this year and for good reason.. Most people do not ever link chemical damage as the reason for a flat durum crop. That is why I go half rate horizon and is always happy with results..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...