• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soil testing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil testing

When you guys soil test, where do you take it from? Do you pick one representative spot every year? Or just go around the whole field in different spots?

We Benchmark so go back to the same GPS coordinates every year.

Comment

Hi Mark, so then do you just pick one area? Or do you pick a few spots in a field, and just keep doing them all every time?

Comment

different spots in the fields ussually mid slopes and go back to the same spots every year.

Comment

We are on fairly level land and our midslopes are not that extreem.

Comment

Do you try to avoid the seedrow or the band where your fertilizer was last year? It will skew your results greatly to the high side if you hit last years P and K fertilizer bands more often and show results lower than realistic if you try to avoid those bands.

Even in a year where the N is not all used, it may affect your results.

In my case, I mid row band, so the mid row is 2x as strong as a normal side banding knife because there are 1/2 as many of them. It greatly affects the soil test, and I am never sure how to handle these fields when sampling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...