• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sick calf

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick calf

I have a calf born oct4. 3 weeks ago it had a temp and snotty nose. treated it with Nuflor and it recovered. she is now very depressed runny a low fever and won't drink. no signs of shipping fever. I gave 2 separate doses of Nuflor no response. gave a dose of benamine and she now drank her milk. Cow calved with no milk and old case of mastitis, just bought cow so I shipped her and is raising calf on milk replacer. This depression has been slow coming on and I can't figure out why it is so lethargic and stands with head down. lungs appear clear, respiration normal, heart rate normal. any ideas? could use some help on this one.

she may not have gotten enough colostrum, and there is nothing you can do about that.

Comment

I agree with the other reply. If a calf doesn't get enough or any colostrum, it is only a matter of time until it dies from something. Even if you pulled it through this time chances are it will end up sick again.

Comment

possible IBR

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...