• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autosteer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autosteer

Every year someone posts on this topic but the archives don't go far back enough to find out last years posts. So now I guess it's my turn.

We're looking at upgrading our 4WD to a 9400 and are looking at autosteer options. I know very little about this area other than I hear nothing but good things about it and am tired at looking backwards.

What are some thoughts on my options? Should I stick with JD or try aftermarket? Are there any good internet sites for researching this? Are there farm programs that still subsidize this?

thanks for any replies

site map, go to search and it will bring up the old posts (except most of Cottons Evil moments)

Comment

What province are you in?

The Outback s3 and new edrive are working very well and very simple. Even for an old guy!

Comment

I've always thought the lynx was a pretty good system. It actually runs off of windows 98 or xp so it's pretty stable. The raven allows you to move it from vehicle to vehicle which if you have older equipment it's pretty good. That way your equiment doesn't have to me auto steer ready. One guy that has been in the bussiness from day one is greg setter and really knows his stuff. I would recommend him to anybody.

http://www.settermfg.com

Comment

thanks for the info

silver - I'm in AB

Comment

If you have a JD with the autosteer capabilities built in(I think the new one's all have it), I'd recommend staying with the JD monitor and receiver.
            I have 2 of them that hae been in operation for 2 years now.

They travel back and forth between the combine, spayer, seed tractor, and swather. We even autosteer the baler after it's been cut by the autosteered hay conditioner. Wouldn't want to go back now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.