• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information needed - help please.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information needed - help please.

Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get information on prairie dog
    control? Thank you!

I don't know anything about prairie dogs but I would think they are a lot like gophers. In Alberta they have a pilot project where you can buy a pre-mixed strychnine bait that really works. You have to get it from the agricultural fieldman in the county or MD you live in. I believe they have a similar program in Sask. Contact your Ag fieldman. They are also pest control officers and can give you detailed info.

Comment

I purchased ferrots years ago to rid myself of rats. It worked great on the rats. I was not even trying to get rid of gophers but it workerd on them to. This was in a old yard we were starting to fix up and it has now been over 10 years and we hardly ever see a gopher in the pasture. The ferrots have moved on and were never a problem, they went from yard to yard in the community and folks would often comment that their rat and gopher sightings were down. This may not be for every situation but it sure did not cost much and it worked.

Comment

I was not sure when Prairie Dogs got to be a Rural issue, just thought I would point out some prairie dog species are protected under the endangered animals act....

Comment

I did not know prairie dogs were on the endangered species list. Now I wonder if you would be in big trouble if you released some ferrets to work their magic? Or what would happen if you had a bunch of cats that worked them over? Would you be breaking the law? Isn't this basically nature at work?

Comment

LOL, sounds like the story I heard about a friend in the Hat who found a rattlesnake on his doorstep and phoned the SPCA who told him not to move it as it was an endangered species.

A few hours later it moved off the step and crossed the road where his neighbor accidentally ran over it .................Twice. :-)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.