• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with XCEED canola?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with XCEED canola?

I am west of Edmonton and wondering if anyone has experience with XCEED? Good, bad, indifferent? I have grown RR and Invigor with good luck in the past and wanted to try something new on my lighter and poorer soil. Thank you.

May i ask what makes your soil poor ??

Comment

I ran the numbers last fall and it doesn't make sense for me. Cons - lower yield, Clearfield, tied to Viterra for marketing. The only positive is potential to straight cut but I'm familiar with Keephills area and I wouldn't think your fields are even enough to wait for the draws and peat to ripen for straight cutting. For me RR or Invigor hybrids makes way more sense.

Comment

In response to your question. I have some reclaimed mine land and the topsoil is very minimal to nonexistent, patches of solonetzic and sharp hills with poor water retention. Don't get me wrong it's not horrible but its definitely not great. Just took it out of hay and will be first year in canola. Had lots of trouble in the past with shelling out on the hilltops and looking for something to help with that as well. Had good luck with LL and RR canola before on other fields. No experience with clearfield but haven't heard great reviews. I'm just always looking for trying something different.

Comment

This soil in is not that bad other then the water retention. I can point you in the right direction to having that land work pretty good for you. If you want email me at darren.soil@gmail.com
          and i'll pass on some information that will greatly help you. We can get that hardpan loosening up with out even breaking the ground and we can feed from the top and it will be cheaper to do with better results.

Comment

I spoke to one guy that was happy with it. I am goeing to try it on some land where moisture is and always will be a limiting factor except on a wet year. I will let you know this fall how it worked out for me.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Think I'll only try a few bags. Going to put in 45H26.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...