• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEEDING RUMENSEN IN COW RATIONS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEEDING RUMENSEN IN COW RATIONS

CAN OUR EXPERTS TELL ME THE RATIOS TO FEED RELATIVE TO THE ANIMALS SIZE AS I CAN NOT FIND A LEVEL THAT SHOULD NOT BE EXCEEDED TO ENTER INTO MY RATION PROGRAM.

Its been a while since I did any cow calculations. Elanco had a calc chart for custom mixes that I can send to you if you wish, email me at S.Firth@adil.ca
    with a fax #. The chart is a little too complicated for explanation here and I do not want any misunderstandings. On the outside chance that you are feeding a TMR to your cows you can get a mineral carrier for simplicity- this is likely not an option. I assume you want to feed it because you are short of feed.

Comment

I was waiting to get some real information from Elanco about feeding rumensin before I answered the question. Sean F is right it is a moderately complex task of mixing. The process is is based on body weight, dry matter intake and strength of the orginal either premix of active ingredient and at what feeding level or claim that you are asking for (feed efficiency or coccidiosis control). The short answer is to contact elanco directly. Their number is 1 800 265 5475

Comment

Dr. John Merrill with Elanco Animal Health. Rumensin is approved at three different concentration levels in feedlot cattle and opnly at 22 ppm in cow diets as an aid inthe prevention of coccidosis. Therefore to determine the correct level of monensin (active in Rumensin) one must multiply the intake levle of the cows in kg by 22 mg/kg to get X number of mg of monensin to feed per head per day. Then the correct amount of Rumensin must be added per feeding unit to supply that amount. I would be glad to visit via phone to further explain if necessary. It is crucial to not make mixing errors! 1800-661-6801.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...