• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Trade?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Trade?

The Canadian government is very much opposed to any subsidies. How will that improve the lot of the primary producer? It seems to me that what they want is the lowest common denominator. What good does it do to get the American and European producers down to our level? So we can all go broke together? They are playing a shell game because they are too cheap to support farmers to the extent others are! Our government is a complete joke! Have you ever looked at who the Cairns group is? A bunch of banana republics! I guess we fit in nicely!

anyone observing the US policy discussion over the new ag policy will note discussion is over how much not if they will get it. And a true cynic will note the real argument is not really over how much but over is it to be paid out over 5 or 10 years.

The EU has zero intent at playing on a level field and would like to exclude all imports if they could. The real question for farmers in Canada is to understand the realities and make our decisions based upon those realities not upon the Cdn. governments placation (based upon a false hope) designed to justify their hands off Ag policy (for the 3 % of the population who did not vote for them) in support of those who did.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.