• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with bad neighbours?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal with bad neighbours?

does anybody else have neighbors that want to farm the world. we aren't the biggest farmers in the area and don't want to be.

how do you deal with people like that or do you just wait for them to go broke?

write asshole on there front lawn with roundup.

Comment

a backpack of diesel would keep the message there for 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Perhaps it boils down to the monster farmers not wanting ANY neighbors.

It almost seems some times that the bigger a business (any business) becomes, the more it's suppliers start kissing their feet, they start to like it, and the cycle repeats.

There also seems to be a lot of satisfaction in some people to taking over the perceived competition, or else driving their competition into the dust.

Comment

Suppliers kissing large operations, if you only knew. large operations get better pricing at the elevator, lower pricing at the retails and so on. In manitoba there was a farmer who was told that directly by at the time Agpro grain, the told him he gets better price on everything because he was a large farmer. In some cases that all you need to do with a large farmer is stroke his ego and he buys. Now some guys will complain about this but its true , and it works man does it work.

And why worry about your neighbor do your own thing and be happy. I'm sure you have enough to deal with.

Comment

I am not the type to do anything mean...thanks for the ideas...I am just going to be as aggressive as I can and compete I guess.

Comment

Remember that BTOs are more efficient at collecting government subsidies. So it is your tax dollars that are helping him bid up your costs. Ain't that grand!

Comment

We have had the same thing in our neck of the woods (Moose Jaw area)for awhile but the big boys are becoming such a pain in the ass for everybody, that it is becoming difficult for them to aquire new tracts of land in large quantitys. Their holy-than-thou reputations are making landlords and sellers seek other potential offers.

Once, when a deal went down that didn't involve them, and the big boys heard about it afterwards, they confronted the seller and asked why they hadn't been notified that the land was on the market. The seller basically told them it was a private deal and to go-to-hell!!

Try your best to ignore what they do, although, I know, it is constantly in your face, and do the best to profit from what you have. Sometimes even the biggest tree can fall and hopefully you and your neighbors will be there to divide the loot!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...