• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White mold and Assochyta in Chickpeas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White mold and Assochyta in Chickpeas

Has anyone had much problem with these two problems in their chickpeas. If so did you spray at all or what kind of infection did you have.

I sprayed Bravo500 on chickpeas for Assochyta. It is suppose to stop the fungus for 14 days. This is my first experience with this .

Comment

We did not spray any of our fields as most are doing quite well but one field is getting devoured by white mold. At least 25% of the field is 100% dead and the rest is not perfect either. This field is on irrigation and it is very thick and had a huge growth of both crop and weeds. No more irrigation chickpeas for me!

Comment

You have learned a valuable (painful!) lesson about chickpea agronomy. It is a semi-arid crop that has to be managed the way it is grown in the Middle East. Our advantage is that we have large tracts of land in the southern prairies where we can mimic those conditions.

Comment

I have been seriously trying to grow plots of chickpeas in the Vermilion area this year (Desi). We have some white mold and Ascochyta but very little which is probably due to the fact that the crop is new to the area and sources of disease inoculum are far away. Talking to growers and researchers in Brooks, their opinion seems to be that Bravo should be sprayed at the first sign of infection and that respray is not out of the question if conditions for disease development persist. Of course, by the time I am posting this message it may be already too late to consider spraying. When podfilling is done and the crop is starting to mature yield is probably not at risk anymore. However, I don't know how long quality is at risk. This is a human consumption product. With field peas, once the crop starts to go to harvest maturity, it is no longer useful to think about fungicide. I personally have not had any experinece with this in chickpea. A good contact person, Ray McVicar SK provincal special crops agronomist at (306) 787-4665 or RMcVicar@agr.gov.sk.ca.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.