• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canvas Barns, how good are they?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canvas Barns, how good are they?

Anyone have any experience with these? I am considering building a new calving barn an am wondering how these compare to a wood barn. Of these, which are better, Diamond, Winkler, Coverall? any responses will be apprieciated.

Coverall shelters in the east have enjoyed good popularity, relatively cheap to construct, flexible use and portability if necessary. There is a good site on coverall shelters at www.coverall.net. There are usually guarantees on the covers for 15 years, the guarantees are prorated based on years of service - make sure you check on this wherever you buy. The coveralls here are used for pig grower barns, hay storages, freestall beef barns, dairy heifer and milk cow barns. Most are constructed on a wooden 4 or 5 foot pony wall made from railway ties and rough lumber. I have heard of very few complaints. In my opinion they are a trade off between cost(generally cheaper) and longevity(generally not as long lived as a traditional pole frame barn).
    Good luck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...