• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT Grain Dryer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT Grain Dryer

I have a 370 on propane with a finer screen on the bottom cone than on the sides. All my canola is still out and if this weather were to ever give us a break I would need to dry canola with this dryer. Does anyone know of any accessory that can quickly convert the coarser screen to a finer one for small seed drying. Al ong time back I recall a company in Saskatchewan that used to sell a curtain that hung around the inside for small seed dryng bt I can't find any info on them anywhere.

a dealers service man once told me with these dryers spray paint the holes and you will get by. I know what you are talking about, there was a tarp for these, the people came to the awp where i worked one fall to sell them. That was 30 years ago, good luck finding one.

Comment

Had a machine with the same problem. Painting only helped a bit. I weaved wire through metal door screen. Did the trick for me.

Comment

Originally posted by may-be View Post
        Had a machine with the same problem. Painting only helped a bit. I weaved wire through metal door screen. Did the trick for me.
        Did you use nylon or steel mesh? You think self tapping screws and washers will hold?

Comment

Pop rivets. If you make the holes bigger in screen you ll have to fix that when you no longer need the screen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.