• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Beans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Beans

I was just wondering what other people's experience is with growing black beans. We would not row crop them and just wondering what kind of luck others have had with them.

Solid seeded black beans can be tricky to grow, there certainly is more risk involved than say, canola. Seeding rates are high and therefore expensive with solid seeding, and mold can be a problem. Make sure you know how to harvest them, otherwise shatter losses can be easily 40%. Blacks, just like most beans, are contracted. If you're serious, contact Agricore's bean unit in Bow Island. I doubt if there are any acres left though.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.