• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Headlines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Headlines

First “Rex Murphy: Trudeau is all about jobs, jobs, jobs. But only in Quebec.” National Post. “Enbridge Line 5 very different from Keystone XL and Canada will fight hard for it: O’Regan.” Financial Post.

These two articles illustrate why there is no place in today’s Canada for the west, time to leave. Ontario and Quebec have seats in Parliament, they run the show! Personally I hope Line 5 is shut down, it will certainly affect Alberta but it will hurt Ontario and Quebec far more!

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    First “Rex Murphy: Trudeau is all about jobs, jobs, jobs. But only in Quebec.” National Post. “Enbridge Line 5 very different from Keystone XL and Canada will fight hard for it: O’Regan.” Financial Post.

These two articles illustrate why there is no place in today’s Canada for the west, time to leave. Ontario and Quebec have seats in Parliament, they run the show! Personally I hope Line 5 is shut down, it will certainly affect Alberta but it will hurt Ontario and Quebec far more!
    Hamloc, this is just pragmatic thinking but until some US states decide to forge on their own, there is no place for us to go. Breakaway countries arent treated very well especially if they break up a modern county. We would be a pariah to the outside world with 90% of our economy export driven.

If we were a self contained economy I would say that breaking away is a possibility but look at quebec, once they flirted with separation in the 60s and 70s, they eventually became a ward of Canada. Even France didnt want them.

The west will have to make a break internally by cutting off the transfers and the only way to do that is go after our contribution to CPP. I notice that Sask govt is already running ads on the radio encouraging people to sign up for the provincial plan which has double the return of the CPP and no investments in china.

I imagine both AB and SK are setting up some plan to disengage from that program. Some people wont give up on CPP no matter where they live, but all we need to do is divert some contributions to another program. If AB puts a sales tax in as well, that will start neutering the transfer formula without legislation changes. Just like Quebec does.

I think Kenny and Moe are just waiting to see if Trudeau gets a majority or not.
    Last edited by jazz; Mar 5, 2021, 08:53.

Comment

Until AB gets a premier with no prior political training and the brains to start saying no without regard for getting along, nothing changes.
      First on the table would be removal of special status for any province or equal Quebec like status for all. Retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Hamloc, this is just pragmatic thinking but until some US states decide to forge on their own, there is no place for us to go. Breakaway countries arent treated very well especially if they break up a modern county. We would be a pariah to the outside world with 90% of our economy export driven.

If we were a self contained economy I would say that breaking away is a possibility but look at quebec, once they flirted with separation in the 60s and 70s, they eventually became a ward of Canada. Even France didnt want them.

The west will have to make a break internally by cutting off the transfers and the only way to do that is go after our contribution to CPP. I notice that Sask govt is already running ads on the radio encouraging people to sign up for the provincial plan which has double the return of the CPP and no investments in china.

I imagine both AB and SK are setting up some plan to disengage from that program. Some people wont give up on CPP no matter where they live, but all we need to do is divert some contributions to another program. If AB puts a sales tax in as well, that will start neutering the transfer formula without legislation changes. Just like Quebec does.

I think Kenny and Moe are just waiting to see if Trudeau gets a majority or not.

the logistics of leaving would be difficult. i am much more in favour of doing everything we can to take care of number one, namely just Alberta or Saskatchewan. i guess kind of like Quebec has been doing for years. Resources, health, immigration, CPP policing, taxation.....everything.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.