• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code meeting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code meeting

Sat in on a zoom meeting on the Code yesterday. Looks like they got spanked for now but it'll be back.
    IF the commissions all wrote this the way it was, ALL should request refunds.
    Gawd, does no one at an orgy care what the drugs are?

I hope they make surveys instead of zoom meetings like the seed tax about a year ago. That was an easy way to give feedback and not surprisingly they found that most were opposed to additional seed taxes. I gave feedback on at least two of these surveys with the opinion that new seed taxes were not needed. I would also give feedback that new codes are not needed as well. The poor person in India where my peas will eventually end up does not give a tinkers darn about some code of practice back here in canuckistan. They will be happy to get a meal at low cost. The only folks that care about code are potential grifters who see this as a way to fill their pockets while avoiding anything to do with real work. In the UK, they have been running a scam like this called red tractor certified, but many are seeing the light and giving this the heave ho but it may be too late for some. I am not naive in believing the seed tax is dead either, sure it will be making a comeback at some point as well.

Comment

All I can say is its voluntary until its mandatory for everyone...

They keep repeating voluntary....I don't buy it.

There is the carbon offset program from the federal government which will have protocols in order to extract any value will be made mandatory...

Comment

In Canada, exports seem to leave at the lowest, or as close to the cost of production as possible. Ship the product to China where the local prices are roughly double what the import cost is. So ...... the general consumer can and is accustomed to paying higher prices, where is the rest of the money? Govt taxation, or just processing margins?

I was at a meeting years ago and a COFCO (China)buyer was speaking, “ your wheat exports are safe, and we will only import more in the future, why would we try to grow wheat when we have a reliable, high quality, low cost supplier like Canada? We will grow higher value crops such as fruits and vegetables. “

Now Russia (Eastern Europe) we be the go to low cost producer, our costs of production is getting out of hand.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...