• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex agriville poster retweeted this

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex agriville poster retweeted this

Won’t see this on Canadian media was his tweet

https://twitter.com/tvbcrehfer/status/1365739258858905606?s=21 https://twitter.com/tvbcrehfer/status/1365739258858905606?s=21
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Feb 27, 2021, 14:45.

Sky news rocks.

Comment

The whole World knows Justin and Liberals are a bunch of spineless jerks!

Hard to believe there are actually people in this country that still support him.

Comment

Don’t get into politics to much yeah I’m lean right midway.

Australia similar but maybe you guys in Canada are just more socially aware on many things us Aussies maybe rednecks.

But we’ve been quite compliant when it comes to covid.

Every country different.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          Don’t get into politics to much yeah I’m lean right midway.

Australia similar but maybe you guys in Canada are just more socially aware on many things us Aussies maybe rednecks.

But we’ve been quite compliant when it comes to covid.

Every country different.
          Majority of Australians have common sense.
          It’s lost in Canada now

Comment

Australia not the land of nonconformist, tell me it isn’t so🥲

Comment

Flights from “other” countries never stopped , let alone checked , because it was racist, sexist, and on and on and on
              Like every situation here
              Guns are banned, but only for certain people, it’s frickin silly now here .

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                Honestly I would have thought of any country on earth the Aussies would be the last population to put up with being told what to do. Not so redneck anywhere anymore.
                True , but common sense says don’t let people in and shut down when need too
                It’s not rocket science, Taiwan and New Zealand did it fairly successfully.
                It’s not about being red neck or not, it’s about those countries having an ounce of common sense. That was and is lost in North America and the divisiveness here .
                Way too far left and right thinking , or not thinking period was the problem
                Political b/S over common sense here

Comment

We locked down our country but left the airports and borders wide open to the rest of the world so not to offend anyone ... was ridiculous
                  Now trying to stuff that genie back in the bottle a year later is just plain ludicrous

Meanwhile trying to blame a handful of “snowbirds” while thousand per day flew in from infected countries..... what is possibly wrong there lol

Comment

In Canada we tried to close a few windows but left the doors wide open so not to hurt feelings , political correctness and money
                    We got what we deserved now
                    Last edited by furrowtickler; Feb 27, 2021, 23:23.

Comment

Some of the policing around covid yeah strict. But basically accepted by most.

Doesn’t affect me one iota being on a farm and use common sense in town.

And the odd policing drama ya see on internet is rare or taken out of context you don’t the whole video.

Said it a million time we want covid gone, real or fake disorder nobody cares aussies just want it banished.

Common thought process here, covid s and protocol gonna screw the economy, do nothing gonna screw it more. Who knows I can hibernate. See NZ Auckland in lockdown rest of co7ntry some minor restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        In Canada we tried to close a few windows but left the doors wide open so not to hurt feelings , political correctness and money
                        We got what we deserved now
                        Who "got what we deserved now"?

Okay, I just deleted a long screed of what I find unacceptable about your statement.

I, for one, do not deserve what we are getting now.

I never have and never will support the foul, corrupt, inept bunch of buffoons that are destroying this country. On any level.

Trudeau, Hajdu, Freeland should all be charged with criminal negligence causing death, if not with outright 2nd degree murder. And the Ford government is not too far behind.

Comment

A few big cities and tiny provinces, control the whole of the country that used to be a united Canada. The bulk of the rest of us are rednecks.

I think saying Aussie is further right than “us” is hard to take for me. We live in a goofy “country”.

I dunna like being lumped in with the alt leftists in our country who currently run it.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                            Won’t see this on Canadian media was his tweet

https://twitter.com/tvbcrehfer/status/1365739258858905606?s=21 https://twitter.com/tvbcrehfer/status/1365739258858905606?s=21
                            Thanks of the post Mallee.
                            I'm not a supporter of the Liberal party in Canada. Not by any means. But I don't think that we, as Canadian farmers, should let our hatred of the sock puppet cloud our judgement.
                            Canada has already learned the hard way that getting involved in Chinese politics can have costly consequences.
                            Remember what happened a couple of years ago when China put restrictions on Canadian canola sales?
                            Farmers in Canada do.
                            Sock boy got us mixed up in an international squabble with Huawei and we paid the price.
                            Moral of the story is that if you criticize China too vocally, they will retaliate, either with trade restrictions or other punitive measures. That's always been China's MO.
                            The other option? Keep your head down, mind your own business, and don't poke the bear.
                            Aussie farmers are paying the price right now for being too critical of China's politics.
                            It's quite clear what Sky News thinks.
                            But what do Aussie farmers think Mallee? Are Aussie barley growers happy that their political leaders have got Australia mixed up in an international pissing match with China, one of your biggest markets?
                            Not saying Canada or Aussie shouldn't ever stand up to bullies.
                            But we need to pick our battles carefully, weigh the consequences and be prepared to deal with the fallout.
                            There's human rights abuses going on all over the world.
                            How much should farmers, Canadian or Aussie, be prepared to pay if our governments speak out on the Uighur situation?
                            I'll expose my lack of knowledge here, but I hadn't even heard of Uighur a year ago.
                            OK to pick a fight once in a while.
                            But in every fight, there's always a chance you'll end up with a black eye or a bruised ego.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              We locked down our country but left the airports and borders wide open to the rest of the world so not to offend anyone ... was ridiculous
                              Now trying to stuff that genie back in the bottle a year later is just plain ludicrous

Meanwhile trying to blame a handful of “snowbirds” while thousand per day flew in from infected countries..... what is possibly wrong there lol
                              I used to think that Canada could have had a big impact on covid by closing or restricting air travel and vehicular tourist traffic immediately, but I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Around 170,000 essential workers cross the Canadian border every week by land and they cannot be quarantined. (About 110,000 of those are truckers) So closing the airports and land crossings immediately to tourists would probably have made little difference.

Taiwan, Japan, Korea, New Zealand and Australia have very few covid cases, but it's worth noting that they are islands. Most goods are shipped in by sea, and the ship crews aren't allowed off the boats. They can quarantine all the air travelers, but given enough time the chances of a virus escaping into the population is 100%. In fact, the virus seems to escape quite regularly despite the strict quarantine, necessitating lockdowns. It would be premature to claim that they have eradicated it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...