• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palm oil interfering with the quality of real butter

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palm oil interfering with the quality of real butter

Yep, wonder why your butter doesn’t have the same flavour it used to have? And why do you have to pt it in the microwave so you can spread it on bread? Dairy Producers say it is because the cows are being fed palm oil or......... maybe butter is being cut with palm oil margerine? Just asking.

I will pick the second choice
    There’s palm trees in Canada tho ? Right ?
    We’re supposed to be so proud of our “dairy industry” FMG
    Doing same as the slippery Chicoms with Canadian honey
    Last edited by caseih; Feb 25, 2021, 18:04.

Comment

So the brand name Palm Dairies wasn't just a cute name and palm tree logo?
      I must be old, I thought they were still a thing, just googled and it looks like they were taken over in 1989.

Comment

This should get an investigation under way along with another payout to dairies to use more sustainable feed...I wonder what a code of practice would do in this case ????????

Comment

Doesn’t canola meal out perform any imported feed supplement?

Comment

Canola meal is used for protein in a diet, palm oil is for energy in a diet, one cannot be substituted for the other. They could use canola oil instead of palm oil to balance their ration.
            Last edited by Sodbuster; Feb 25, 2021, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              Canola meal is used for protein in a diet, palm oil is for energy in a diet, one cannot be substituted for the other. They could use canola oil instead of palm oil to balance their ration.
              Why wouldn't they use Canadian CNL oil then? Seems funny they want SM so consumers have to buy 100% CDN milk but don't want or use CDN cattle diet.

Comment

Have heard other comments about butter recently, don't really know, I prefer my butter in cookies and they still taste fine.

Feed additives are same as any other input, logistics /availability and economics all play a part. Problem with rapidly increasing grain prices is that it alienates customers and they find another source. Canola oil and meal is used lots in feed mills. The meal has a taste animals dont like so is used in smaller percentages than soy.

Incidently I use bagged soyameal and priced it out today $25/20kg bag. Never seen it that high.

Comment

Typical media shitshow.

Has any evidence been presented that palm oil in dairy rations affect butter's melting point? Any?

Not a single story I have read about this has said anything about any study, or any empirical data backing-up what these folks feel is true.

As Rigas Karamanos is fond of saying, "In god we trust, all others bring your data".

Comment

Cole

I have to agree with the dumguy. The proof is my butter on the kitchen counter is too hard to spread. What I see with own two eyes I believe much more than fake scientific news.

Palm oil in my butter??? 🤬

Comment

It’s palm fat. They could milk a couple extra cows and not pump the palm crap into them.
                      More Canadian dairy farmer greed, it’s staggering, huge milk prices to the producer, compensation (1200$ a cow over 4 years)
                      Good thing the consumer doesn’t know any of this

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                        Cole

I have to agree with the dumguy. The proof is my butter on the kitchen counter is too hard to spread. What I see with own two eyes I believe much more than fake scientific news.

Sacrifice quality for profit. Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                          Cole

There is no palm oil in your butter, only palmitic acid, naturally produced by the cow regardless of whether it was fed supplements or not. If you actually want to eat palm oil, have some margarine.

Wait until summer, your cupboard butter will soften up, just as it gets hard every winter.

Comment

All my margarine is made with canola oil.

Comment

All my margarine is made with canola oil.
                              What keeps it from reverting to liquid form?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210226-162305_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	770814

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.