• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cdn Dollar Breaks 80 Cents

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cdn Dollar Breaks 80 Cents

Fed Powell caving to even more money printing as soon as the stock market (NASDAQ) shuttered this week now pulling USD index below 90.00. Crude oil receiving a boost as is our lonnie from dollar breakdown. Western Cdn Select (Alberta) oil firming up.

Powell also stated inflation is benign which is again pressuring gold.

It is now suggested that Fed over-the-top stimulus (money printing) has created an economic situation where 20 percent of large U.S. corporations are now considered ZOMBIE companies.

Ours gets to 85 cents or closes to 90 cents and it's a Good time to put more money in the USA account.

Build onto the home down south.

Purchase a Vehicle down south.

Comment

Hard to see how Canada is any less guilty than the US on printing money... When IMF is complaining about us!

Liberals Budget should be a special barn burner when they finally show us Canadian numbers on our Deficit!

Amazing to see new crop Canola up again so far today... wonder when it will need oxygen... the 2T$ US stimulus money needs to go somewhere?

Cheers!

Good to see the Agriville Forums are back working again!
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 25, 2021, 07:34.

Comment

Fed is likely paranode about incoming deflationary risks. Printing a boatload of USDs with little inflationary response is a major concern for central bankers.

But if Powell tries to be responsible and actually considers spiraling debt as a long-term risk, the highly manipulated stock market is at-risk ie: tech.

Not willing to pay the price years ago to manage gov’t debt is blowing up on central bankers and the consumer. This spring/summer may be interesting (IMO).

Comment

Let's look at Canada we have doubled the Canadian debt in one year with skippy. How is that going to come home to bite us in the ass.

The USA will always come out ahead and us?

Comment

A ground load of wet nose hfs cost me another $.05 compared to 2 wks ago. You would think with the price of feed grains and Canadian $ it would be the other way around. Or just like canola corn and wheat is that inventory out of whack too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
              A ground load of wet nose hfs cost me another $.05 compared to 2 wks ago. You would think with the price of feed grains and Canadian $ it would be the other way around. Or just like canola corn and wheat is that inventory out of whack too.
              Maybe doctors , lawyer, and teachers are buying cows......

crazy prices the other day on open heifers at Swift Current 750 to 850 BBF heifers all over 2 bucks a pound ,,,watched some bred sales that for 300 bucks more you would have a calf in three weeks.
              Last edited by bucket; Feb 25, 2021, 08:11.

Comment

Canadian dollar isnt breaking anything. USD being hammered down with printing. Still printing. Another $2T coming. Fed has to start buying bonds faster to keep the 10y in check.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dxy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	770812

Comment

Our dollar going up but fertilizer prices outpacing the rise...

Mosaic asking for tariffs on Russian and Moroccan phos.

Canadian fertilizer retailers use the US system...

Empty potash cars coming back from Vancouver every day....no one can bring cheap phos in from somewhere other the US....

Do we have a phos tariff in Canada?

Comment

"Interesting" that zombies are more desirable than govt bonds. Think about that for a bit. The 37 year cycle is crumbling, loss of confidence in govt at every level.

Statscan says inflation at 1.8% extremely toxic to bond market.

Comment

Canada 10yr yield. Inverted to price. Exact same pattern as US. Basically giving our leaders the finger.

Edit, my opinion only, CAD is gaining due to the commodity effect nothing more. Aussie is gaining as well and they both are priced on commodity fundamentals.
                      Last edited by macdon02; Feb 25, 2021, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Our dollar going up but fertilizer prices outpacing the rise...

Mosaic asking for tariffs on Russian and Moroccan phos.

Canadian fertilizer retailers use the US system...

Empty potash cars coming back from Vancouver every day....no one can bring cheap phos in from somewhere other the US....

Do we have a phos tariff in Canada?
                        I don't think canuckistani ports are equipped to off load bulk carriers. I used chinese urea a decade ago the year local prices climbed over $800/MT. I was imported in containers. It was fairly good product and the air drill handled it no problem. Container freight has to be arranged far in advance and likely can't be done right now so we are permanently connected to the US market in fertilizer. Third world problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                          I don't think canuckistani ports are equipped to off load bulk carriers. I used chinese urea a decade ago the year local prices climbed over $800/MT. I was imported in containers. It was fairly good product and the air drill handled it no problem. Container freight has to be arranged far in advance and likely can't be done right now so we are permanently connected to the US market in fertilizer. Third world problems.
                          Being held to the the US system for phos isn't a wise thing for the industry here...Mosaic has essentially asked the US government for a monopoly on Phos in North America...to protect their market they are not capable of servicing.

Comment

Comment

The fed blew themselves up today. Interlending system failed last night, 7yr bond auction failed today.

After a yr of govt lies and deception from covid to Trump, any surprise that faith is being eroded.

Not in a million yrs would I hold govt issued debt of any duration.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...