• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPC China Motion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPC China Motion

Otoole embarrassed the Libs in HoC yesterday by sending skippy and his cabinet running for cover while his own LPC backbenchers supported the motion against china, but will it come back to bite us?

This article specifically mentions canola as a potential target again.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/commons-vote-on-genocide-in-china-likely-to-draw-rebuke-from-beijing-expert Commons vote on genocide in China likely to draw rebuke from Beijing: expert

Our Canola market is on fire and guess what I would have left this issue die. Yes, it does accomplish the fact Trudeau is a spineless freak and needs to be replaced. But China will hit one area of farms and Trudeau will do nothing to protect us. Were ****ed.

Comment

I have a real problem with a “motion” impacting my livelihood.

I can handle a motion backed up with real “action” impacting my livelihood.

Quit talking about things and take action...

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        Our Canola market is on fire and guess what I would have left this issue die. Yes, it does accomplish the fact Trudeau is a spineless freak and needs to be replaced. But China will hit one area of farms and Trudeau will do nothing to protect us. Were ****ed.
        The only commodity from Canada that will make a difference to China is grain....when politicians think they did the right thing and they may well have....

I hope they don't use a 5 year olympic average to figure out what farmers are going to lose.

They should benchmark prices from today prices...and make good on their moral high horse...

While I agree with making some noise on China's genocide....

what has Canada/Trudeau done about the cultural genocide he proclaimed a few years back on the indigenous people in Canada???????

The reason Trudeau and his cabinet didn't show up is because it makes them look like hypocrites..

Comment

Yet the miles and miles of Walmart containers continue to travel across the prairies. If you REALLY want to make a statement kick them where it hurts.

Comment

As much as I wish our leaders took a stand. This isn’t the hill to die now. You’d think the conservatives being western based would stay away from this issue. It’s just politics but they better pay up when we lose on our prices. That said, this either makes Trudeau and his simps look smart for abstaining or a bunch of spineless hypocrites.

Comment

Again, not a Trump fan but it was quite a while ago that he declared what China was doing a genocide against the Muslim Uighur’s and after Joe Biden became president I believe he has continued in this direction. It hasn’t hurt U.S. trade with China. I certainly realize China likes to make examples of smaller players like they have done with Australia. Personally, when the vote was 266 to O and Marc Garneau abstained “on behalf of the government of Canada”, it would appear to me that a very clear majority of MP’s backed this motion. The real question is what does it say about Trudeau, Canadians are guilty in his mind of genocide against our Indigenous peoples, he has no problem saying that but he won’t take on the Chinese?!

Comment

Where is that most virtuous world leader that we have to listen to all the preaching from?

But no, this type of thing always hits ag first.

CPC probably won't be getting a campaign contribution from Amazon.

Comment

Biden's words:

"President Biden continued in his response that he is “not going to speak out against” the Chinese Communist Party’s belligerent actions in Hong Kong, against the Uighurs, or in Taiwan."

It seems like he's talking out both sides of his mouth.

Not that one can really hold him responsible for anything he says, being he's nothing but a senile,demented old fart that is merely a disposable place holder for Kamala and the Marxist gang.

Bottom line - Old Joe doesn't want to have that cash pipeline flowing from China into his pockets squeezed too hard.

Comment

Well I guess the two Michaels will be staying in China a lot longer now!

There are sooooo many issues here in Canada that the official opposition party CPC should be focused on, while holding the Liberals over the coals, and this is where they spend their energy.

You think China gives a shit about this useless motion here in Canada. China is going to continue on doing what they are doing.

What a total waste. Great for Canadian Ag!

Comment

Our infant democracy at times struggles to understand The Middle Kingdom's 5000 year old identity.
                      Canadian foreign policy with China has been hit and miss. Definitely naive since the tech age. CCP stole Nortel.
                      Govts have increasingly gone to hand wringing and navel gazing. The UN is a lackey and we have a completely and totally juvenile Ottawa.
                      Denouncing "genocide" or gender whatever nonsense checks off the boxes at home. How its done placates or pisses the CCP.
                      We're no longer qualified to understand China clearly let alone deal with them.
                      And no one is going to "tell" them what to do. Yes Ottawa would be oblivious if all exports from the ROC were shut in. I truly believe they are that stupid and child like.
                      Taking a multi generational viewpoint impossible for us. If possible we would see stable exports short term a win over public denouncement.
                      China is not a new Germany. Since 1945 our policies have centred on other nations seeing the light of Western ideals. We have yet to pull our head out of our ass.
                      The people who can not leave China are destined for assimilation. Our fate yet possibly.
                      Send that dame home already.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Well I guess the two Michaels will be staying in China a lot longer now!

There are sooooo many issues here in Canada that the official opposition party CPC should be focused on, while holding the Liberals over the coals, and this is where they spend their energy.

You think China gives a shit about this useless motion here in Canada. China is going to continue on doing what they are doing.

What a total waste. Great for Canadian Ag!
                        The issues that resonate with us and the good of the country forage, dont resonate with the average joe. Whether you agree with otool or not, he is trying to erode some of skippys clueless virtue signal base. Its raw politics at work.

I would say a 3rd term of Trudeau will be far more damaging than lost canola sales at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          The issues that resonate with us and the good of the country forage, dont resonate with the average joe. Whether you agree with otool or not, he is trying to erode some of skippys clueless virtue signal base. Its raw politics at work.

I would say a 3rd term of Trudeau will be far more damaging than lost canola sales at this point.
                          The canola will still find its way to china ,,,origins get changed in the middle of the pacific.

Comment

Its a matter of whether we sell direct or pay a middleman.

Comment

Been paying those for quite a while...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.