• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commodity beef type waygu ok can go on this forum notof topic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodity beef type waygu ok can go on this forum notof topic

I like my steak inch and a half thick,garlic salt abit ofvtabasco massaged in,broil king as close as you can get to 500f

Rib eye preffered.

90 seconds flip 60 seconds flip 45 seconds flip and turn repeatso you get criss cross scores.

Heaven.

Well i tried some waygu tonight like eating effing butter prefer a 6 year old bullock captured at woodlands ranch hung up-and not even bled out out.

Maybe i cooked it wrong.

Apolgies to any waygu breeders here over priced over hyped as well.

End of rant but why do people rave about it.

Mallee, empty your PM box, I couldn't reply to your message.

Comment

I saw an article on Facebook the other day, kinda local guy, I think he posted on this site before, anyway the pictures of his wagyu beef didn’t look very appetizing, I’m guessing it had about 1/3 fat and I could be wrong but it appears that a ribeye steak was about a 100 dollars a kilogram, someone commented the beef pretty expensive so the reply from the wagyu rancher was to eat chicken, all I thought was he can shove that greasy steak where the sun don’t shine.

Comment

There are a few small Waygu producers nearby and supposedly can hardly meet the demand. Unbelievably high prices for their stuff.

So there appears to be some who like it.

Comment

Remember that some cultures pay lots of money to eat a bat....

Comment

We had a beef here 2 yrs ago that was finished till the dewlap was tight.
            With a good job by the cook the steaks were better than most any high end steak place.
            But I only enjoyed eating them about once every 2 weeks. Too greasy for every day.

Can you buy a good eating grassfed in OZ
            Mallee? Off something that never had a bad day?

Comment

I think the wagu thing is a luxury thing for elite menues.for me a bit less marble but hanging carcass for 3 weeks can result in an amazing steak.Aso a younger steer that has been on grain for 200 days helps out big time.packers kill older bigger animals and do not hang them as long.yes they are finished still older.

Comment

Hows red meat consumption going there.

Appears to be up here slightly at expense of chicken.

Maybe not so much take away kfc etc not sure.

Maybe more people cooking at home eating roasts etc.

Beef mince appears to be biggest mover adpgain maybe more home cooking.

Dining etc is almostback to normal

Comment

Took mrs mallee out friday night to italian restaurant mid range not cheap one not five star.

Place was at capacity owner said when paying the account been normal for last 4 months the occasional 3 daylock down causes drama but he reckons weve done the hard yards re covid easy going from here.

I tend to agree. Our state anyway. Any potential flare up state shuts down till sorted just areas now rather than statewide.

Freind bought a pizza shop cheap owner panicked during peak of covid wanted out. He said bussiness booming not a chain pizza joint old fashioned handmade corner shop.

Butchers etc same bussiness really booming..

Lamb beef prices increas8ng eac( week as well almost back to pre covid pricing. Exports finally unloading happening.

Comment

I honestly think when gatherings and events are going again beef will take a huge jump in demand.cow numbers down and the timing in the livestock price cycle should be right also.was hoping that would happen summer of 2021 but may be the summer after.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.