• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still not a Trump fan but.....!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not a Trump fan but.....!

toronto sun.com/opinion/columnists/goldstein-trump-trumps-trudeau-in-reducing-greenhouse-gases. Now I will get a lot of deserved flack for posting this but sorry it had to be done.

and yet they will not acknowledge it

Comment

Well, well. You mean virtue signalling isn't enough to get the job done?

It must be Harper's fault.

Comment

Here is what amazes me, when Justin Trudeau was elected in 2015 his then environment minister Catherine McKenna said they would meet their GHG reduction targets. The first one is 17% below 2005 levels by 2020. In 2005 Canada’s ghg emissions were 730 mega tonnes, in 2018 the most recent year for which data is available, 729 mega tonnes. The goal affirmed by Catherine McKenna in 2015 was 606 mega tonnes. Now compared to B.C. the province with the much celebrated most successful carbon tax regime in Canada, Canada is doing ok. In 2005 B.C. emitted 64.68 mega tonnes of GHG’s, in 2018 B.C. emitted 67.76 mega tonnes of GHG’s, an increase of almost 5% since 2005. No doubt everyone’s eyes glaze over when I bring this up but Trudeau’s carbon tax goes up to $40 a tonne this spring which means a $2 tax on every gigajoule of natural gas. The diesel used to transport our commodities will have a tax of 10.23 cents a litre. On top of this the federal liberals are going to impose the clean fuel standard which will increase gasoline and diesel costs and will eventually apply to natural gas as well. All these increased costs but up to this point no reduced emissions. Maybe Canada needs to look at how the U.S. reduced their emissions by 10% from 2005 to 2018 and at the same time became one of the biggest oil producing countries in the world.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.