• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perils of Tech

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perils of Tech

Car thefts are on the rise as thieves use radio frequency amplifiers to clone key fob signals. Seems they get the frequency from keys left at your front door or radio signal when you lock your car in a parking lot. Today’s CBC article talks about cars but in our case crooks got the frequency from our garage door opener to break into our garage as well as at least five other garages around us. We put a stop to that by installing a switch that turns off the power to our garage door at night and while we are away.

Thanks for sharing.

Clear signage, “video monitored “ ( for security and training purposes😊), as we as clearly visible and hidden cameras to demonstrate some level of risk to the perps.

Unfortunately all we have to fight back or defend ourselves is deterants,
    Signage, “ beware of dog, wife bites”, etc

Comment

Our thieves were low tech and simply threw a brick through the glass patio door and reached in and unlocked it and walked in. Oops.
      Bad enough stealing the stuff but the mess left behind was almost worse (ripped TVs off the walls etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
        Our thieves were low tech and simply threw a brick through the glass patio door and reached in and unlocked it and walked in. Oops.
        Bad enough stealing the stuff but the mess left behind was almost worse (ripped TVs off the walls etc).
        Same type of thieves here. I guess if my tech was higher they might change their game. Smash a window, then the ignition, and drive through the locked gates on the way out. Then dealing with insurance............ the worst part of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Same type of thieves here. I guess if my tech was higher they might change their game. Smash a window, then the ignition, and drive through the locked gates on the way out. Then dealing with insurance............ the worst part of it all.
          Well hidden battery shut off switches are a nice touch for older vehicles... which are less alluring... and a good noisy dog with multiple 24hr-7day security cameras... plus always someone at farmstead.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.