• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola shortage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola shortage

Must be really short canola if you can sign up $11.50 for new crop

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
    Where are you seeing that?

Comment

I got some $11.08 for Sept and $11.15 for Oct. but I have not seen any $11.50 yet unless it happened today, I see next fall futures were up $2.80 at the end of trade today. The canola shortage is showing up in the narrowing of basis's that has already started.

Comment

$13.00 March canola, also got a call from trucking firm to haul my April canola already contracted.

Comment

$11.30 here for Oct

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
            $13.00 March canola, also got a call from trucking firm to haul my April canola already contracted.
            $13.25 Maidstone for Feb today

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
              Bins will be empty other than canola already priced for future months shortly
              Barley very scarce already and it’s Nov
              Big carry over stocks were never there , fake news lol

Comment

Good comes to those who wait...maybe this year, usually we get screwed waiting hoping crying...as the funds rake in $$$ going down, waiting for PANIC selling!

Comment

Camrose crush today $13.20 Jan $11.54 Oct.
                  All the "advisors" are at 60-70% sold.
                  Interesting times.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Camrose crush today $13.20 Jan $11.54 Oct.
                    All the "advisors" are at 60-70% sold.
                    Interesting times.
                    Wild Oats was 40% sold Aug 25. Any one subscribe? At what price?

Comment

Zero percent sold on this farm, should make a sale soon.

Comment

Guys don't get tempted again. If there is a shortage in the trade do you think Canada could make it up in a single year?

A lot of things would have to go right for that to happen including a bunch of guys breaking rotation.

Comment

Would you put that past any farmer? We overproduce any time we see any kind of a profit.

Lentil acres will be down in our little area of SW Sask. Aphanomyces are winning and there's no cure except no lentils. Lots are talking canola as a replacement.

Comment

Your right Zee. We farmers can phuck up any good thing. Guaranteed it will be yellow wall to wall in our area next year. Have had some very good crops the last 4-5 years and I’m sure most guys will roll the dice again. Gonna be tougher to get a good one next year if it don’t rain a bunch.

Comment

Unreal aint it, hemisphere apart, were being encouraged to sell sell at record levels, looming glut, you guys polar opposite hold hold hold super shortage.

Devils advocate wouldnt mind betting our excess canola ends up in someof your traditional markets.

If there will to buy at these $600 plus levels farmers here sell to those exporters.

Canada has got our barley market by all reports into ch8na last few sales.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.